Author Topic: Im flying to germany for a consult and im terrified  (Read 3459 times)

Lefortitude

Im flying to germany for a consult and im terrified
« on: March 03, 2017, 08:42:22 PM »
I scheduled a consult with a prominent surgeon in berlin, and im f**king terrified. Theres so little information about the chin wing, and i dont even know if its right for me.  f**k why couldent i have been better looking.

ppsk

Re: Im flying to germany for a consult and im terrified
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 12:22:02 AM »
lol @ prominent surgeon in berlin

Don't worry DOCTOR ZARRINBAL  ;D is very polite, in typical german manner.

Lefortitude

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 01:08:12 PM »
thank you ppsk!  yes i look forward to meeting him!

velociraptor19

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 04:39:10 PM »
Chin wing is something I'm seriously considering myself and I'm also nervous about it. I hope your consult goes smoothly and if you get surgery it goes great as-well!

UKMaxfac

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 09:25:40 AM »
Zarrinbal must be raking it in, as well as Gunson and Sinn, because they are the only surgeons people ever talk about on here... Its as if there isnt thousands of others. The fanboy aspect of it is really weird ::)

Onyx

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 09:50:33 AM »
Zarrinbal must be raking it in, as well as Gunson and Sinn, because they are the only surgeons people ever talk about on here... Its as if there isnt thousands of others. The fanboy aspect of it is really weird ::)

True but the fact is that most maxillofacial surgeons, especially in the UK, view the aesthetic importance of their surgery as frivolous.
These are some of the few surgeons who do not, hence why they are often discussed.

There are a lot of, at best amateur or at worst hack surgeons out there, let's not forget that.

ppsk

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 10:02:38 AM »

Yes there is that aspect but if you're somehow privvy to knowing which maxfacs do what without consulting every thousands of them... do let us know

As it is, we can only go off the names that have established reputations.

Lefortitude

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 10:27:04 AM »
indeed.  i believe it is a huuuge asset for a maxfac to be a plastic surgeon aswell.  something thats all too rare in the united states and UK.  And even the big names like posnik have gotten old, and have their share of botched surgeries (someone on this forum messaged me in woe about his botch with him). 

they just dont make em like H. obwegser anymore

Onyx

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 10:45:48 AM »
indeed.  i believe it is a huuuge asset for a maxfac to be a plastic surgeon aswell.  something thats all too rare in the united states and UK.  And even the big names like posnik have gotten old, and have their share of botched surgeries (someone on this forum messaged me in woe about his botch with him). 

He was a tyrant and not interested in new research.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »
True but the fact is that most maxillofacial surgeons, especially in the UK, view the aesthetic importance of their surgery as frivolous.
These are some of the few surgeons who do not, hence why they are often discussed.

There are a lot of, at best amateur or at worst hack surgeons out there, let's not forget that.

You really think UK surgeons don't consider the aesthetic aspect as important? Where are you getting that from?

CCW

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 03:48:39 PM »

I think I heard that horror story as well. That was a Mommaerts level f**kup. The bite was worse than before surgery, an open bite with contact only on one incisor, cant, asymmetry, etc. Usually in revision cases the surgeon at least manages to fix the bite, but the patient is unhappy because the surgeon didn't care about aesthetics.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:45:42 AM by CCW »