Author Topic: South America?  (Read 1712 times)

ppsk

South America?
« on: March 03, 2017, 08:56:42 PM »
Currently talking to a clinic in Colombia. Costs of Bimaxillary surgery, all included, is about $6500 US. The doctor is a proponent of surgery first approach.

I know, I know, what am, CRAZY!?!?! even considering south america? I see no reason to believe the surgeons in south america are less competent than US or EU surgeons. And after all, as this forum should serve evidence - you can pay top dollar for the alleged "best in the world" and come out with your life derailed, your results poor and a drained bank account. And some of the best results ive seen have been from so called "no name" surgeons (HTK's result for example, if you were to search for his doctor on jaw surgery discussion circles, 0.0000000 hits)

I'm weighing this up against a known option of germany or italy. thoughts?

CCW

Re: South America?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »
I don't know anything about Colombian surgeons, but Brazil has some good ones. I'd trust more a surgeon with a good reputation and who's known to deliver good results and also cares about other things besides the bite like aesthetics. Surgery is always a gamble, but you're stacking your odds if you're going with a big name surgeon. In this business you definitely get what you pay for and cheaper isn't always better (I wish I had taken my own f**king advice).

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 05:35:26 PM »
There are some very good surgeons in South America who were trained by Wolford. Look up his coauthors in his publications.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 10:11:53 AM »
I've heard of a lot of women going to Colombia for plastic surgery and there were some pretty clean, modern looking facilities if memory serves me correctly (I briefly Googled it years ago) 
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Rico

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 12:52:48 PM »
there are for sure a lot of great surgeons whose name you do not know, but how you find them ? + what in the case of complications somewhere in Africa, etc... probably better than overrated surgeons from Switzerland

slysurfz

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 08:28:31 AM »
I wouldn't approach it unless I had some local friends who had tacit knowledge of the place or you have it yourself. Thing about south american countries is that they have the great surgeons no doubt. However, their structure that supports the surgery might not be well organized and there is the obvious risk of miscommunication, if there is a language barrier. The other thing is that we take certain things for granted in terms of service in United States over there you would have to be very explicit about it.

Austinou88

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 04:35:36 PM »
Currently talking to a clinic in Colombia. Costs of Bimaxillary surgery, all included, is about $6500 US. The doctor is a proponent of surgery first approach.

I know, I know, what am, CRAZY!?!?! even considering south america? I see no reason to believe the surgeons in south america are less competent than US or EU surgeons. And after all, as this forum should serve evidence - you can pay top dollar for the alleged "best in the world" and come out with your life derailed, your results poor and a drained bank account. And some of the best results ive seen have been from so called "no name" surgeons (HTK's result for example, if you were to search for his doctor on jaw surgery discussion circles, 0.0000000 hits)

I'm weighing this up against a known option of germany or italy. thoughts?
There are plenty experienced, conservative jaw surgeons in the USA.
Especially in CA & TX, just keep looking.