Author Topic: Ortho question: is there a difference in wisdom extractions vs bicuspid ext.?  (Read 1480 times)

2jawkorea

I had bicuspid extractions for my ortho treatment. I was wondering if there is any aeathetic difference between bicuspid wxtractions vs wisdom? Theoretically it shouldnt right? Cause i have as much teeth as a normal adult should if they had wisdom extractions, thoughts?

CCW

No, bicuspid extractions make the smile narrower because you're extracting teeth from the middle of the arch. Wisdom teeth are the last teeth in the arch, so of course it's not the same, and they need to go anyway if you're getting jaw surgery.

2jawkorea

Thanks,

PloskoPlus

No, bicuspid extractions make the smile narrower because you're extracting teeth from the middle of the arch. Wisdom teeth are the last teeth in the arch, so of course it's not the same, and they need to go anyway if you're getting jaw surgery.
If the wisdom teeth are functional, they can be left in.

Lefortitude

indeed they can and should be left in.  im certain my jaw moved back once my wisdom teeth were removed.

2jawkorea

So considering scenario where said person only had bicuspids extracted would he look different if he had only wisdoms extracted ?

PloskoPlus

So considering scenario where said person only had bicuspids extracted would he look different if he had only wisdoms extracted ?
Yes