Author Topic: Sleep Apnea? How do you go about getting tested..  (Read 3864 times)

JigJaw_:/

Sleep Apnea? How do you go about getting tested..
« on: March 23, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »
I used to get a semi/decent amount of sleep, but I used to be on a pretty heavy cocktail of medications: benzo, traZadone, pain medication. It was literally knocking me out so hard I failed to dream for months at time, or in the chance I did dream-trying to recall (said) dream...let's just say they became highly malleable even for a dream. So, I finally tossed all the medications, but now my body is being taxed with hardly any sleep...maybe 3.5 hours a night, combined. I usually wake up 3-4 time to empty a bladder that's not even 1/3 full. I'm constantly contested. Chest pain. Dizzy spells. Fatigue. I've been under the impression that maybe I had chronic fatigue syndrome, or some other varying degree of an auto immune disorder. Now I'm starting to think sleep apnea is responsible. Completely changed my diet, no medications for 4 months (+). Why else would I not be sleeping?? Frustrating. I take like 45 mg of xrl melatonin hour before bed, still horrible sleep no matter the dose.
I wake up coughing up some seriously thick stuff. Anyone relate, even remotely? 😆😆

Framboise

Re: Sleep Apnea? How do you go about getting tested..
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 01:11:00 AM »
JigJaw : 45 mg of melatonin is huge !!!!!!!!!!
I take 1,75 mg before sleeping and it work well BUT you have to choose a elatonin which is diffusing progressivly.
I've tried others which didn't and it didn't work at all.

Forget benzo and others drugs, it lead to early wakes-up and mess with your brain and your mood.

If melatonin still don't work, I advice you to add hawtorn, valerian, camomilla....

Do you sleep with several pillows ? Do you have a CPAP ?  Did you ever test your sleep apnea at hospital ?

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 01:24:35 PM »
JigJaw : 45 mg of melatonin is huge !!!!!!!!!!
I take 1,75 mg before sleeping and it work well BUT you have to choose a elatonin which is diffusing progressivly.
I've tried others which didn't and it didn't work at all.

Forget benzo and others drugs, it lead to early wakes-up and mess with your brain and your mood.

If melatonin still don't work, I advice you to add hawtorn, valerian, camomilla....

Do you sleep with several pillows ? Do you have a CPAP ?  Did you ever test your sleep apnea at hospital ?

Was looking at my old posts. Haha. You blasted me for 45 mg then claimed taking over a thousand. LoL. Was eating lunch, spit my food out was laughing so hard. Not sure why that became so funny. Irony is good when unintended. Anyway. Sleeping much better now. Not good, but at least 6 hours. 86ed the melatonin, found out it's not really great as a supplement. I know you meant 1.75, but you mixed and matched your comma for decimal. Went through tons of trial and error with supplements. What I find works best: Ashwagandha KS-66, and high dose of magnesium. Sometimes I'll add L-theanine. I've also heard California hops works great, yet to get any. Also find CBD oil in the day prouduces better sleep at night.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 03:00:37 PM »
Comma is used in Europe as the decimal sign.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 03:47:20 PM »
Comma is used in Europe as the decimal sign.
This is an accurate statement.  :-X
Also ironic; only less funny and more sad that it didn't occur to me when I replied. Perhaps my sleep has not improved as much as I thought.