Author Topic: Opinions on my case? Looking at bimax, genio/chin wing (cephs and pics included)  (Read 1431 times)

MyTimeIsNow

Hello,

I'm looking at bimax + genio/chin wing or at the very least genio/chin wing. Untfortunately I didn't realize that I may possibly need bimax until recently, so I haven't researched the procedure much at all - I used to think that genio would be sufficient in my case.

Fuctional concerns: possibly sleep apnea (lab test pending). I do exhibit symptoms of sleep apnea. I've attached picture of my aiways.

Primary aesthetic concerns - these bother me the most:
  • Double chin from the front. My lower third looks like it belongs to overweight/obese person, even though I am slim and someone who actually has to work very hard to gain weight.
  • Double chin - bad submental neck area from the side
  • Lack of chin projection. Chin seems to lack 5-7mm of projection

Secondary aesthetic concerns:
  • I suspect that my chin is vertically too short.
  • Lack of noticeable jawline. Lack of angularity
  • Possibly receded maxilla
  • Lips. Bottom lip sticks out. Narrow lips/mouth area that are exaggerated by thick bottom lip
  • I suspect that my midface is long/too long
  • Overall narrow face
  • Lack of zygomatic width
  • Nose. Assymetric tip.
  • Smile

Overall: I would rate myself probably 4, maybe even 3.5, because of retruded chin/lower jaw and double chin appearance from the front, which makes me feel deformed. I can cherrypick photos that make me look better, but I think that's fair assessment. Surgical potential - maybe 6, if I can correct some of major flaws.

Steps so far: had consults with two maxfacs so far. I'm having consults with Dr. Z and Dr. Raffaini in next 3 weeks. Unrelated, I've had eyebrow transplant procedure - explains one of the pics here.

My cephs:

Airways:

Pictures:

Double chin

Front - cherry picked angles or pushing head forward to show improvement with increased angularity and lack of double chin

Rando:

You can see bottom lip sticking out

Side profile:

Surgery morph - only lower third altered

Interested to hear opinions!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:13:12 AM by MyTimeIsNow »

marcus3415

A) What happened to your eyebrows haha?

B) Stop being so hard on yourself.

C) Post pics of your smile. If your bite is acceptable, then you could get away with fat removal/liposuction under the neck and then maybe an SG. Don't be extreme.

marcus3415

Edit: Sorry didn't see the eyebrow comment haha

PloskoPlus

Lipectomy would help a lot.

Milli_Meters

You aint 3.5 .   ;D

I think chin wing + lipo and you are set dude. If you have bona fide sleep apnea, bimax could be an option.

ditterbo

Glad y'all aren't jumping on the bimax bandwagon with this one... I cringe a bit when a normal bloke gets told to get bimax, hah.

your game plan:
For sure liposuction and maybe SG

your bite doesn't look right to me, btw, but I could be off.  Mostly just looked at your incisors relationship.

CCW

Glad y'all aren't jumping on the bimax bandwagon with this one... I cringe a bit when a normal bloke gets told to get bimax, hah.

your game plan:
For sure liposuction and maybe SG

your bite doesn't look right to me, btw, but I could be off.  Mostly just looked at your incisors relationship.
Yeah, the bite looks edge-to-edge with proclined incisors. He looks fine, though.

Dr. Z will probably just recommend a chin wing or other camouflage treatment, but I think you should consult with surgeons who are less conservative like Alfaro and Raffaini because your airway looks quite narrow as well.

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
i think you should not have chin wing but "simple" bimax. i would consult with marianetti if you go to italy. also nocini if you manage to get a hold of him.

Lefortitude

id kill for your front profile.  yes, lose some weight, or consider a submental lipo.  avoid bimax unless its a medical necessity.  you have good bone support, but a lot of fat.  also youre too hard on yourself.  self esteem is important too.

Lestat

i think you should not have chin wing but "simple" bimax. i would consult with marianetti if you go to italy. also nocini if you manage to get a hold of him.

why no chin wing?! :o

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
his jaw angles are fine he really lacks projection though

Freeways

his jaw angles are fine he really lacks projection though

You don't think chin wing is a good procedure for chin projection?