Author Topic: Will double jaw surgery improve my facial aesthetics?  (Read 2076 times)

ScottMalkinson

Will double jaw surgery improve my facial aesthetics?
« on: March 28, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
I've been a mouth breather pretty much my whole life and believe it played a huge part in how my face developed. I'm currently scheduled to have impaction, advancement, and ccw rotation of the upper jaw, a bsso for the lower jaw, septoplasty, and possibly a sliding genio (still have to talk to surgeon about it). I've done some research on lip lifts as well, however I'm hesitant to get one because of the scar that's left from them, and also I don't think I'd be able to fit it in before the jaw surgery. Do you think all of this will give me good results and be worth it in the long run? Should I consider looking in to anything else? I've attached a few pics, sorry if the lighting/quality isn't that great. Thanks for the replies!

http://imgur.com/EvLdwtn
http://imgur.com/wPz9s5U
http://imgur.com/muSTQ0o

David_D

• Private
Re: Will double jaw surgery improve my facial aesthetics?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »
Your plan sounds reasonable to me.  I think that, from my own perspective, the surgery may improve your appearance.  It may make sense to reassess the lip after having procedures affecting the bones.

CCW

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 06:53:34 AM »
Surgery is going to improve your appearance and make you look normal, but CCW is essential in your case.

slysurfz

• Private
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 08:10:45 AM »
Yes, surgery is definitely going to improve your face. However, you did not mention which areas you are concerned about ?

diculo

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 11:45:48 AM »
Who is the surgeon?

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 11:48:35 AM »
you would need canthopexy too imho

ScottMalkinson

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 05:47:46 PM »
Surgery is going to improve your appearance and make you look normal, but CCW is essential in your case.
Would not having a lip lift done before affect or alter how much rotation I could get during the jaw surgery?

Yes, surgery is definitely going to improve your face. However, you did not mention which areas you are concerned about ?
Pretty much the whole thing, I feel like I'd look a lot different if my mouth breathing was addressed as a kid seeing as both my parents have decent bone structure for the most part

Who is the surgeon?
Dr. Mehra in Boston. He seems to know what he's doing and is supposed to be very highly regarded in the northeast, but I'd definitely be interested if anyone has heard anything about him or has any experience with him

you would need canthopexy too imho
I've heard that upper jaw surgery affects the eye area, so should I see what my post op results are first before looking too much into that?

Thanks again for all the replies