Author Topic: Does surgery have to be paid for in full up-front? Dr Z payment plans?  (Read 3507 times)

Millis

A patient (of unknown surgeon) told me that he could pay for only 70% of his surgery cost up-front, the rest later.

I'm extremely curious, does anybody know if Dr. Zarrinbal offers this sort of payment plan? Is it typical for European surgeons? Or does he request full payment upfront?

MyTimeIsNow

It surprises me that any surgeon would do this.

If you need financing, there are places to get credit.

Vic

A patient (of unknown surgeon) told me that he could pay for only 70% of his surgery cost up-front, the rest later.

I'm extremely curious, does anybody know if Dr. Zarrinbal offers this sort of payment plan? Is it typical for European surgeons? Or does he request full payment upfront?

Full payment up front with Dr Z because you have to pay the hospital

rolo2000

After being recommended Dr z by helpful fellow jaw surgery forum guy I can't find costs anywhere. Obviously they differ depending on complexity but can anyone tell me how much usually two jaw surgery costs? And also how much if just one jaw is done?

Bowie

Dr Z responded to this question himself and the price for a chin wing is about $6,500.

That's a very fair price for that procedure in Germany in my opinion.

boyo

Dr Z responded to this question himself and the price for a chin wing is about $6,500.
No, it's €8000 for standard CW and €10 000 for CW with chin expansion

UnderMunch

No, it's €8000 for standard CW and €10 000 for CW with chin expansion

What is the difference between a standard chin wing and a chin wing with "chin expansion"?

ppsk

What is the difference between a standard chin wing and a chin wing with "chin expansion"?

exactly what it sounds like

he widens the chin at the same time.

UnderMunch

exactly what it sounds like

he widens the chin at the same time.

Sure, I got that part. But how is it done, he just splits it in the middle, vertically, and screws something onto it to stay in place?

Are the results significant enough, is it worth it?

ppsk

Sure, I got that part. But how is it done, he just splits it in the middle, vertically, and screws something onto it to stay in place?

Are the results significant enough, is it worth it?

no idea on the results

the technique I think, is splitting the chin centrally and inserting a bone graft from your hip inbetween. Considering the position of the major nerve.... I cant imagine it is a large osteotomy, probably only done on the "button" of the chin. But i have no actual idea.

Milli_Meters

The T osteotomy I think.

UnderMunch

I guess Zarrinbal's chin widening surgery is basically the reverse of this surgery, although I don't he has a way of augmenting(adding) anything to the sides of the mandible in the same way that the Korean surgeons cut off the sides to make the jaw more v-shaped? Or does the augmentation of the mandible happen with the chin wing on the sides?

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Milli_Meters

I guess Zarrinbal's chin widening surgery is basically the reverse of this surgery, although I don't he has a way of augmenting(adding) anything to the sides of the mandible in the same way that the Korean surgeons cut off the sides to make the jaw more v-shaped? Or does the augmentation of the mandible happen with the chin wing on the sides?

Thanks for sharing that.

Side wing can add some lateral width for sure. How much? Accounts vary.

UnderMunch

Well, I'm definitely going to see him this year and see what he can do for me and what's actually up with my face(haven't been to a single bimax surgeon ever).

I'm also super curious to see the "secret" catalogue of b/as that he supposedly has but can't present online due to German laws on patient privacy.

ppsk

Well, I'm definitely going to see him this year and see what he can do for me and what's actually up with my face(haven't been to a single bimax surgeon ever).

I'm also super curious to see the "secret" catalogue of b/as that he supposedly has but can't present online due to German laws on patient privacy.

its not supposedly, thats just how it is

Seriously, try to find B/As from any german surgeon online. I tried for 3 fuggin months  :-\