Author Topic: Money Troubles  (Read 16160 times)

treevernal

• Private
Re: Money Troubles
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
I did consider consulting with Raffaini in Italy. He trained with Arnett. One of the guys on his website has a pretty similar "before" pic to me and the post-surgery result is superb.

http://www.facesurgery.it/gallery-ortognatica.php

Wow, he is really handsome in the last set of photos.  What a great result; he must be so happy!

Antbee

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »
NHS surgeons, from what I understand, do far more of these surgeries than any private practice surgeon. With the money that you can raise, find an aesthetically centered orthodontist to ensure that your cosmetic issues are addressed. Also, if given the choice, request an NHS surgeon that has many years under his/her belt. This will go a long way in terms of reducing odds of nerve damage.

You can choose your ortho as they are not often covered by NHS but surgery covered on NHS means you have to work with who you're given. You can't request a particular surgeon. It depends where you live first and then how severe your case is considered to be. It's not within the patient's control unless they have some way of working the system.

Antbee

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 12:38:49 PM »
I was wondering about the last two, as well.

According the link, he had bi-max, rhinoplasty and genio. He had a pretty deep bite and gummy smile.

Comparing the second set to the last, I see longer, darkened hair, groomed and darkened brows, whitened teeth, longer face and maturity. What am I missing? The head tilt and smile are not consistent between the two, so it's throwing me off.

Maybe he had gum contouring? I also think there is some chin adjustment in the final pics, like they re-did genio or added a small
Implant or fillers for a little extra definition. Just incredible how some basically imperceptible changes turn him from
nice-looking to gorgeous. Lucky guy.

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 01:00:13 PM »
if this actually happened, and he was trained by arnett, that definitely makes me feel a lot better. if something can be improved, particularly features or areas of the face maybe overlooked/not emphasized enough during the original surgery, a great surgeon will either recommend (sensible recommendations) or perform "adjustments"/touch-ups. 

Aside from, perhaps, cosmetic dentistry, only changes were hair color/style, groomed brows and maturity. Last set of photos were taken six years post op, according to Eroica. No post-orthagnathic plastic surgery involved here. 

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 02:42:43 AM »
must have had more sun too because he isn't a pasty white dude anymore LOL.

Yeah, in the first set he was pretty pale. Sets two and three are about the same as far as skin tone. Still looks much better down the road with the hair/brow tweaks.

jawless

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 05:40:47 AM »
It looks to me like this guy has had plastic surgery after he jaw surgery. If you look closely at the first picture of the first row you can see clearly that his eyes appear half closed. This is caused by loose skin on the eyelids. In the first picture of the third row his eyes appear to open much wider. The pictures are taken from approximately the same angle but the eyes look different. It is a result of having the loose skin removed.

Some of you might think his eyes look diferent because they are more fully open, but it is not the case. His eyes have a 'cleaner, fresher' look about them because of ps. It is good surgery though, subtle. A larger image would make these changes more obvious.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:51:33 AM by jawless »

Eroica

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 06:38:58 AM »
I'm not seeing the PS.

1. People's eyes can change with upper jaw surgery. This dude on jawsurgeryblog is a good example, his eyes became much livelier: http://www.jawsurgeryblog.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2723

2. The lighting and angles are different. In some pics I look on the tired side and in others not at all

Hellojoe

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 08:42:01 AM »
Pretty obvious the guy didn't have any PS done.

jawless

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 10:43:23 AM »
cleaner/fresher = PS? LOL. his eyes appear half closed because of his jaw. when the jaw was moved forward + grafting it took away that unfortunate im-always-high dope dealer look. now his eyes are more deep set i would say. plus he aged 6 years right?

Maybe. My eyes look like his before pictures, I think they have too much loose skin on the eyelids. So do you think if I had jaw surgery my eyes would look good/better, or would I need a blepharoplasty to fix them?

x

• Private
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 12:58:17 PM »
I have this as well, one eyelid is more droopy or less open than the other. It's both amazing and depressing how much the jaw affects the rest of the face.