Author Topic: Best Surgeon for Double-Jaw Revision?  (Read 2163 times)

OHjawz

Best Surgeon for Double-Jaw Revision?
« on: April 12, 2017, 04:44:55 AM »
I had a lefort 1 done a couple years ago but the placement of the upper jaw is very poor.  I am looking to find out who would be some good revision surgeons to fix this.  I have met with one oral surgeon who suggested a single piece lefort for the upper jaw and a sagittal split for the lower.  If the surgeon can also perform a septo/rhino revision, that's a plus, but not necessary.  I live in Ohio but travel is not an issue.

Jenfromzen

Re: Best Surgeon for Double-Jaw Revision?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 06:35:05 PM »
I was thinking of seeing this doctor who seems specialize in revisions. http://www.drlarrywolford.com/corrective-jaw-surgery-orthognathic-surgery/complex-jaw-revision-surgery/

But I already have a trip planned to see Dr Deschamps-Braly because he is orthagnathic and craniofacial, etc.

But I will keep the other one in mind if jaw surgery is still on the table for me. I do not like who I used first time and can't afford to get it wrong again.

Jenfromzen

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 06:45:30 PM »
Actually, more I read about Dr Waldorf, more I think I'll need his opinion too. Just have a terrible work situation with very few days off that I'm allowed so I don't know how I'm going to squeeze in another trip soon. Will have to like come in on a Friday and leave Sunday or something.

OHjawz

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:42:20 AM »
I was thinking of seeing this doctor who seems specialize in revisions. http://www.drlarrywolford.com/corrective-jaw-surgery-orthognathic-surgery/complex-jaw-revision-surgery/

But I already have a trip planned to see Dr Deschamps-Braly because he is orthagnathic and craniofacial, etc.

But I will keep the other one in mind if jaw surgery is still on the table for me. I do not like who I used first time and can't afford to get it wrong again.

Sorry for the redundancy if you read my response in my other topic but please keep me updated with what you hear from both Deschamps-Braly and Wolford.  I was thinking of going on a kinda whirlwind tour of some jaw surgeons around the country this summer to see who I feel would be best.  As of right now, Deschamps-Braly and Wolford are both on my lists of docs to see if I travel around