Author Topic: Dr Obwegeser  (Read 3104 times)

beyondconfusedtbh

Dr Obwegeser
« on: June 22, 2018, 07:44:54 AM »
Whats the best way to contact Obwegeser? I tried emailing him on his website but no response as of yet, doesn't seem like the best way to reach him.

Also figured i might as well ask him about mlfiii just so I have another opinion on it (had Sinn's so far butif anyone has any other surgeons worth contacting let me know, also hi kavan :) ) so if anyone has any questions regarding it go ahead and post them below.

kavan

• Global Moderator
Re: Dr Obwegeser
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 09:40:38 AM »
Through a psychic medium who can communicate with the deceased.

Whats the best way to contact Obwegeser? I tried emailing him on his website but no response as of yet, doesn't seem like the best way to reach him.

Also figured i might as well ask him about mlfiii just so I have another opinion on it (had Sinn's so far butif anyone has any other surgeons worth contacting let me know, also hi kavan :) ) so if anyone has any questions regarding it go ahead and post them below.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 01:01:02 PM »
Ah interesting! I didn't know Joachim A Obwegeser was dead....

oh wait.

he's not.

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 01:57:04 PM »
Also here's a little food for thought.

Many of us who arrive onto this forum aren't here because we want to be. Why do you think people even consider these extreme, invasive & expensive surgeries in the first place? Some people face real discrimination on a day to day basis because of how they look. This is a phenomenon that many pretend doesn't exist, but it does. Everyone on here knows that it does.

Maybe consider the fact that everyone posting on here has a background that isn't entirely obvious at first.

Just one look at an abstract or picture & one can see the magnitude of these surgeries. Even if they haven't read a single journal, most will have seen headlines or videos or some form of media in which the topic has been discussed. Whether you choose to believe it or not it's a fact that most mainstream media on this topic is not encouraging in the least, in fact its quite the opposite (just ask people on the street what they think of jaw surgery, I know I don't need to explain this further.) Not to mention the fact that most of the people on here aren't kids who are just using their parents money, either. This decision is not an easy one to make in any sense.

You're clearly pretty smart kavan. Try to understand what people are going through, & how close to breaking some people are. It's not your responsibility to take everyone's feelings into consideration, but to be honest its way easier to just give new users useful information rather than taking that same information and burying it in 200+ words of passive aggressive vomit.

You keep bringing up the fact that you have to deal with a lot of people who are new to this and that you are asked questions with answers that are glaringly obvious to you, but this just isn't relevant at all. This forum is one of the only easily accessible resources on the matter, and serves as a gateway into more research for a lot of people. what did you honestly expect?

Furthermore, you don't HAVE to respond to a single thing if you're not in the mood to. There are plenty of forum members who are happy to answer the same questions, without all the nonsense. Granted they may not be as well versed as you, but it doesn't really matter as each individual will eventually have to consult with a surgeon or two and form a plan with them in the end.

This isn't about how you run this forum, not even close. I'm just sympathising with people who may be feeling overwhelmed & just want some clarity in an instance where everything seems to be a mess. Do I need to state how closely this forum is linked to others that promote incredibly unhealthy mindsets & BDD?

TLDR: This forum shouldn't be a means to ridicule people. Other than that, thank you to the host(s). This is an invaluable resource.

- S

PS: I don't support this idea that surgery is going to solve all your problems so anyone reading this, don't take it the wrong way. That said I'm not stupid, looks do matter. Do your research and have realistic expectations. (last sentence courtesy of you, kavan.)

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 03:10:32 PM by beyondconfusedtbh »

haven

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 02:43:15 PM »
He probabaly thought you were referring to a Hugo of the same name. I don't know who he is but I know that Obwegesser passed away.

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 03:09:32 PM »
I'm aware of the mistake he made.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 06:30:03 PM »
He probabaly thought you were referring to a Hugo of the same name. I don't know who he is but I know that Obwegesser passed away.

Was Hugo the one who got known/sought after here for the 'Obwqeser girl' with the L3 or was it Joachim?

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 06:55:28 PM »
Also here's a little food for thought.

Many of us who arrive onto this forum aren't here because we want to be. Why do you think people even consider these extreme, invasive & expensive surgeries in the first place? Some people face real discrimination on a day to day basis because of how they look. This is a phenomenon that many pretend doesn't exist, but it does. Everyone on here knows that it does.

Maybe consider the fact that everyone posting on here has a background that isn't entirely obvious at first.

Just one look at an abstract or picture & one can see the magnitude of these surgeries. Even if they haven't read a single journal, most will have seen headlines or videos or some form of media in which the topic has been discussed. Whether you choose to believe it or not it's a fact that most mainstream media on this topic is not encouraging in the least, in fact its quite the opposite (just ask people on the street what they think of jaw surgery, I know I don't need to explain this further.) Not to mention the fact that most of the people on here aren't kids who are just using their parents money, either. This decision is not an easy one to make in any sense.

You're clearly pretty smart kavan. Try to understand what people are going through, & how close to breaking some people are. It's not your responsibility to take everyone's feelings into consideration, but to be honest its way easier to just give new users useful information rather than taking that same information and burying it in 200+ words of passive aggressive vomit.

You keep bringing up the fact that you have to deal with a lot of people who are new to this and that you are asked questions with answers that are glaringly obvious to you, but this just isn't relevant at all. This forum is one of the only easily accessible resources on the matter, and serves as a gateway into more research for a lot of people. what did you honestly expect?

Furthermore, you don't HAVE to respond to a single thing if you're not in the mood to. There are plenty of forum members who are happy to answer the same questions, without all the nonsense. Granted they may not be as well versed as you, but it doesn't really matter as each individual will eventually have to consult with a surgeon or two and form a plan with them in the end.

This isn't about how you run this forum, not even close. I'm just sympathising with people who may be feeling overwhelmed & just want some clarity in an instance where everything seems to be a mess. Do I need to state how closely this forum is linked to others that promote incredibly unhealthy mindsets & BDD?

TLDR: This forum shouldn't be a means to ridicule people. Other than that, thank you to the host(s). This is an invaluable resource.

- S

PS: I don't support this idea that surgery is going to solve all your problems so anyone reading this, don't take it the wrong way. That said I'm not stupid, looks do matter. Do your research and have realistic expectations. (last sentence courtesy of you, kavan.)

If you don't think my information is useful and TIME I've spent responding to your posts and you feel it's 'passive aggressive vomit' than I shall consider adding any more info that I have FUTILE and would be happy to put you on my IGNORE list. Got it.

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 02:00:51 AM »
If you don't think my information is useful and TIME I've spent responding to your posts and you feel it's 'passive aggressive vomit' than I shall consider adding any more info that I have FUTILE and would be happy to put you on my IGNORE list. Got it.

Do as you see fit, upon reading my post you'll see I've said that you do provide useful information and that this forum post on a whole is a valuable resource. That was my way of saying thank you, but 'thank you' wouldn't have been appropriate at getting my point across in my response (a time & a place for everything, quite fitting.)

Brachy

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 01:38:42 PM »
Is there any other way/mail to contact professor Obwegeser? Thanks im advance