Before/After Photos > Underbites

Are my jaws recessed?

(1/4) > >>

Sanj87:
Hello im new on here. My history is i had an underbite as a kid which was somewhat fixed when i was 13 but i had my braces removed too early so i had an edge to edge and a posterior open bite until now (29). But looking at my ceph are my jaws recessed i feel like they could well be looking at the size of my airways. But my sna angles say 85 degrees and my snb are 82 thats apparently means its protusive so i dont get it. Also i have alot of scleral show can you tell if my infraorbital rims look recessed. I also have a short ramus

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lefortitude:
Post the tracing

Looks like a steep mandible plane angle but a normal occlusional plane.  If you want to improve your airway bimax advancement with ccw will do it.  If you want to improve your appearance only there are some less invasive options.

Sanj87:
Hi i couldnt get the tracing but they showed me it and that was the sna valvues according to steiners analysis my jaws are not recessed so why are my airways small i just dont get it?

katapult2:
The position of the head can open or decrease the airway space. In this ceph i think you do something like a chin tuck, so your airway space decrease compared to your normal head position. Do you have sleep apnea?

Sanj87:
Thanks for the reply i dont really know if i have sleep apnea sometimes i can jus shake out my sleep dont know why i do that but i find it really hard to breathe through my nose properly ive got forward head posture

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version