Author Topic: Is it worth seeing all the "big name" surgeons mentioned on here?  (Read 1608 times)

jaw

Is it worth seeing them all? For instance, if you go see Arnett should you also book appts with Sinn and Wolford?

Or no?

CCW

Re: Is it worth seeing all the "big name" surgeons mentioned on here?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 12:32:10 AM »
Gunson is worth seeing even if you don't plan to have surgery with him because their consultations are so good, thorough and informative. Wolford is a jaw surgery god, but he's obsessed with TJR, which means he's not the right surgeon for a lot people. His consultations are also more expensive than Gunson's, so I'm not sure it's worth it since the actual surgical plan will be very similar. Sinn is not comparable to these two. I'd only see him if you need some rare cranio stuff like a modified LeFort 3.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 09:11:10 AM »
Gunson is worth seeing even if you don't plan to have surgery with him because their consultations are so good, thorough and informative. Wolford is a jaw surgery god, but he's obsessed with TJR, which means he's not the right surgeon for a lot people. His consultations are also more expensive than Gunson's, so I'm not sure it's worth it since the actual surgical plan will be very similar. Sinn is not comparable to these two. I'd only see him if you need some rare cranio stuff like a modified LeFort 3.

Solid advice. Yeah almost everyone I know who saw Wolford was prescribed TJR.

Austinou88

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 04:37:27 PM »
As CCW and other have said, get a consult from Gunson.
That will get you setup with a detailed analysis, and you can move forward from there.

Goodluck!  :)