Author Topic: New with Asymmetric Face  (Read 10031 times)

viin0

Re: New with Asymmetric Face
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 04:01:24 PM »
Oh, your welcome haha

Judging from your pictures, your asymmetry is only very subtle around your chin. You should go to a surgeon who perform geneoplasty and they can align your chin. Apparently it's not a big operation and I'm sure it will be A LOT cheaper than getting your jaw aligned! Is your bite aligned?

1991ng

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 06:09:41 PM »
Yea my bite is aligned for the most part. It is slightly off...prbbly a few mm's. But I feel if I only get a genioplasty...I'll just be masking the problem.

1991ng

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 06:11:19 PM »
Plus...I have a cant...doesn't that indicate that "something" is out of whack with your jaws???

CK

• Private
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 06:31:27 PM »
Plus...I have a cant...doesn't that indicate that "something" is out of whack with your jaws???

how much does the clicking bother you? it is possible surgery could make it worse, or not do anything for it. all the surgeons i consulted with said there's a good chance clicking sounds would not be resolved.

i would definitely consult with surgeons now.

viin0

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 11:41:15 PM »
Oh, Your smile looks great though! I didn't really notice the cant. If it really bothers you, you should book a consultation with a maxillofacial surgeon so you know what you're in for and the approx cost. For a cant I think you need bimaxillary surgery.  I've read a lot of blogs and they have added the cost(includes orthodontic treatment, hospital costs, surgery etc) and it's easily over $50,000. But it's mostly covered by insurance.
Sorry if I'm just telling you things that you already know :P

1991ng

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 12:18:44 AM »
Thanks for your replies Viin0!

That one picture of me showing my teeth isnt actually me smiling lol but thanks anyways :P

Yea I think I will definitely consult a surgeon sometime in the future. I'm almost sure that I will get this surgery done...just a matter of when.

But thanks for your input :)