Author Topic: (UPDATE+PICCS)Consult with a dr in Belgium (overbite, HA paste, jawline shaving)  (Read 11895 times)

jawsurgeryadvice

Those movements are tiny and won't give you much of an aesthetic change. Get a second and third opinion.

Oh hmm, but what about the scans? That looks really different than how it is now i think?

ITALIA

I just called the hospital and made an appointment. Then he made these scans.

How did you get a copy.  I had scans done but I want a copy for myself.

jawsurgeryadvice

How did you get a copy.  I had scans done but I want a copy for myself.

His assistent put the prints on his desk and while I was waiting for him i just took pictures of it with my phone

UKMaxfac

You look to have a nice well proportioned and symmetric face judging by those scans. You should see mine from DF in comparison (I look awful).

I'm not sure the surgery is worth it judging from those. Post a profile image for more opinions however.

MyTimeIsNow

I had a consult with DeFrancq. The consult was fine, but:

I really don't like his results
I think his suggestions for me was horrible and doesn't make any sense

So there's no way I would choose him as a surgeon. I've also had consults with some doctors frequently mentioned here - Raffaini, Z.

CCW

Oh hmm, but what about the scans? That looks really different than how it is now i think?
To me, it looks as though most of the change would come from the genio. He needs more rotation.

jawsurgeryadvice

Update! 3 november I will have the surgery! Bimax + genio + ha paste. If someone has any questions about this doctor, feel free to ask :)

april

• Private
Re: Consultation with a dr in Belgium (overbite, HA paste, jawline shaving)
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2018, 07:56:43 AM »
Great to hear you're happy with your results!

I suspect I might only get small movements like you. Did you end up noticing much of a change?

How many mms did your mandible advance? And how much downgrafting was there?

jawsurgeryadvice

So I'm more than one year post op now! Haven't been on this website for a while, but I'm back now:) Im really happy with the results, its not perfect but still a great improvement! After my sarpe surgery 3 years ago I felt that something was off in my face and I didnt really know why, until i had my upper + lower + ha paste on cheekbones surgery. Everything looks more balanced now! Only down part is that im still wearing braces because the surgeon unfortunately made my midlines of my upper and lower teeth (jaw) more off balanced (it was better before). So the orthodontist was trying to correct this for one year and its almost good now (still not perfect because it was quite bad and the ortho cant do more than this). But overall im really happy. If anyone has questions about my procedure feel free to ask, because thats the main reason why i'm back here; to help people because I know how this longggg (stressful) journey can feel :)

tim06

• Private
So I'm more than one year post op now! Haven't been on this website for a while, but I'm back now:) Im really happy with the results, its not perfect but still a great improvement! After my sarpe surgery 3 years ago I felt that something was off in my face and I didnt really know why, until i had my upper + lower + ha paste on cheekbones surgery. Everything looks more balanced now! Only down part is that im still wearing braces because the surgeon unfortunately made my midlines of my upper and lower teeth (jaw) more off balanced (it was better before). So the orthodontist was trying to correct this for one year and its almost good now (still not perfect because it was quite bad and the ortho cant do more than this). But overall im really happy. If anyone has questions about my procedure feel free to ask, because thats the main reason why i'm back here; to help people because I know how this longggg (stressful) journey can feel :)

How much did you paid for the surgery? Was the doctor Dr Mommaerts?

jawsurgeryadvice

Hi everyone again! So I havent been on this website for more than a year now. Still really happy about my results. I'm 3 years post op now. If anyone has any questions, just contact me. I would love to help other people cuz i know how hard and stressfull this whole journey can be. I'll try to be on this website for the upcoming days/weeks to answer.  :D

jawsurgeryadvice

How much did you paid for the surgery? Was the doctor Dr Mommaerts?

Honestly I can't exactly remember anymore what the price was. My insurance covered most of it. I think the total was between 7 and 10k euros. My doctor was dr. Defrancq

Lestat

hi. thanks for your report:) you said that your cheekbones were built up with ha granules (or paste?). Would you recommend this to someone who wants to have more prominent cheekbones? How is your experience with this material? Are the differences clearly visible?

jawsurgeryadvice

hi. thanks for your report:) you said that your cheekbones were built up with ha granules (or paste?). Would you recommend this to someone who wants to have more prominent cheekbones? How is your experience with this material? Are the differences clearly visible?

Yes they were built up a little with HA paste. To be honest, the result is veryyyyy subtle and was mainly to create more symmetry. I think most of my facial changes are due to the jaw surgery in general and not so much the HA paste. However, I think the HA paste was needed tho for the overall look.

I still want a little bit more prominent cheekbones so thats why I will probably get some fillers in the upcoming months.

For someone who wants more prominent cheekbones, this material might be good if there is more product used, but I dont know how much is common to use. I honestly dont think very big changes can be made unlike fillers.

Lestat

Yes they were built up a little with HA paste. To be honest, the result is veryyyyy subtle and was mainly to create more symmetry. I think most of my facial changes are due to the jaw surgery in general and not so much the HA paste. However, I think the HA paste was needed tho for the overall look.

I still want a little bit more prominent cheekbones so thats why I will probably get some fillers in the upcoming months.

For someone who wants more prominent cheekbones, this material might be good if there is more product used, but I dont know how much is common to use. I honestly dont think very big changes can be made unlike fillers.

hi. thank you for your answer! Why won't you try fat instead of fillers? I suppose it is more permanent. What do you think?