Author Topic: Are my jaws recessed?  (Read 8720 times)

UnderMunch

Re: Are my jaws recessed?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 05:01:41 AM »
Again, I have to stress that I'm not very well-read on this subject, but it seems as if it's completely possible to have normal occlusion + normal sna angles yet still have steep mandibular plane(s).

I've made a comparison of the average European male profile and put it next to your profile: Although I'm not qualified to tell you exactly why your profile deviates from the norm, it does deviate to some extent and I think this has to do with steep mandibular planes. The fact that the steepness of your mandible isn't visible in your last photo is probably it is hidden underneath excess facial fat(I think you need to get lower than 15% body fat to really see your facial features).

I also agree with the comment that says you are skeletal class III; it's just somewhat hidden because of facial fat.

As far as I understand, correcting this would require CCW rotation double jaw surgery or at least some sort of advancement and rotation of your lower and maybe upper jaw.

*Please let me know if the photo bothers you and I will take it down asap.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ben30

Re: Are my jaws recessed?
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »
Please animate, smile, in another photo shot in profile. that will reveal the level of bone recesion in your soft tissues.

You could have your extraction spaces reopened and composite added to molar to teeth to improve your occlusion and appearance.