Author Topic: Is it my jaw or chin?  (Read 9858 times)

Austinou88

Re: Is it my jaw or chin?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 12:52:55 AM »
Had rhinoplasty a few months ago, nose is looking better.
Still really swollen though.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:52:34 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 12:57:11 AM »
I honestly hate when people say you need 15 operations to just achieve excellent balance and MMC perfection.
This is BS. The ONLY reason someone needs to undergo surgery on both jaws is to correct a deficiency and not for looks alone.
The least operation possible is the solution here. When you mess with nature, you become "plastic", and when you age, and bones settle overtime and shift, collagen in the skin breaks down, it can make you look downright ugly. I think we all agree on this, thank you.
I think a nose contouring (rhino) and ONLY genio. Do only bimax if you have underdeveloped upper and lower jaw.

To the poster above, he's not balding.

Appreciate the help. I started a consult with Gunson, so I guess I'll find out my answer soon enough right?
Is Genio only if you have an issue with the chin?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:40:43 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 01:18:44 AM »
I see balding by the corner of his temples in the side profile, but who knows that's just an observation for OP to figure out. Easy fix and optional in the grand scheme of things.
Look at his forward head posture.  Medical "deficiencies" (if that's what you meant by deficiency) aside, he's probably got an orthognathic skeletal imbalance that's been treated with braces years ago. He's got a really strong chin bone masking a retrognathic jaw. But I bet he's got nothing medically aside from possibly mild OSA, but stands to benefit, albeit purely aesthetically, from an aesthetically minded bimax surgery. How much I have no clue, bimax doesn't seem to fix much in the grand scheme of things unless you've got a much more obvious jaw deformity.   

His eyes are fine, since I presume his lids are lowered a bit from looking slightly down to the camera. Don't need a tan, don't need to darken your hair.  Your aesthetic problems are your nose and jaw. It's OP's call whether he wants full aesthetic correction with bimax or a possible compromise with an SG. That's the grey zone no one knows which is 'worth it' over the other unless you're literally deformed and/or have medical issues with your jaws.

Curious how that all sounds to you, ryan?

On 2nd thought, see a salon and ask if you should darken your eyebrows a little. Might be a terrible idea, I dono.

Never had any balding problems, maybe just the photo?
Only medical issue I've had is OSA, being mild so you're right about that.

My eyes seem to be real beady, at least that's what my friend told me once.
I wonder if it could be Ptosis? Eyes seem so small.

I've had my brows darkened a few times in the past. Seemed like the only tint that would work is making them gray.
I guess seeing an esthetician wouldn't hurt for that?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:40:37 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 01:28:04 AM »
I think that a good first step might be for you to identify what it is that you might not like.  If the answer is "nothing," then I don't see that there's a problem for you to solve.  If you identify something or some things, then you'll know if this is something that might be addressed by a maxillofacial surgeon, a plastic surgeon, or both.  If you identify the need for soft tissue procedures, I recommend getting a few consultations with good plastic surgeons.  If you identify the need for soft jaw/bone procedures, I recommend getting a few consultations with good maxillofacial surgeons.  After you determine which, if either, applies, it might be good to ask for opinions from people about how is a good surgeon to consult with as a second step.

Thanks for the tips, really appreciate it. Really trying to
do things right. I know surgery is serious stuff.

Really would like to have some sort of a balanced appearance.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:40:26 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2017, 01:41:39 AM »
Normal is skeletal balance and harmonious facial features, in a nutshell.  Skeletal balance isn't an art but straight measurements when it comes to the upper and lower jaw. The aesthetic abnormality 'tells' here are the bulbosity of the nose tip, taking attention away from his eyes. Uneven lips (lower lip behind upper), yet a sharp labiomental fold (strong chin - I think).  So the genio may actually make that fold even worse and give him the look of a 'deep bite' with an unnaturally protruding chin. I could be totally wrong on all this, I'm not a doc or even well read on this stuff.

We're in the aesthetic subforum, so while many people with his looks may not even think of surgery, this guy apparently is and is looking for info. I agree, in principle, avoid surgery as much as possible.  That's OP's choice as he collects info and ruminates.

He hasn't shared cephs so there's no information to offer him here in that area.  Not sure how childhood conditions vs now matter.

EDIT - bottom line, is it your jaw or chin? It's your jaw. Don't augment your chin as a standalone procedure.

Definitely not trying to jump the gun on anything. Or gun-ho on getting surgeries.
But really trying to be meticulous on research and planning, I know that's the important part.

I don't have any set of cephs, just a panoramic x-ray at the least right now.
Should I try and get a hold of my old cephs? Get a set done?

What kinds of things can make things go wrong from childhood to now?
Embarrassingly, I had a prolonged thumb/2 fingers sucking habit as a kid. Like till 12 or 13 I think! Don't know why.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:40:13 PM by Austinou88 »

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 12:28:16 AM »
This is within the realm of possibility. I barely manipulated your underlying bone structure except at the jaw angles and the lateral prominence of the cheekbones and slightly their vertical-set (all three bone manipulations not enough to make much of an aesthetic difference and not difficult to perform surgically).

Unfortunately I didn't change your ipd as it's not going to happen for you. It would make a massive difference. Also, since I did this from my phone in under 5 minutes, it's not that great of a morph. It looks off considering the distortion of the pupils and some of the soft tissue distortions that came with simple airbrushing.

The individual above who said you didn't need a tan or to darken your eyebrows doesn't know what he's talking about. Fwiw I left your eyebrow color as is mostly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Austinou88

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 12:35:28 AM »
This is within the realm of possibility. I barely manipulated your underlying bone structure except at the jaw angles and the lateral prominence of the cheekbones and slightly their vertical-set (all three bone manipulations not enough to make much of an aesthetic difference and not difficult to perform surgically).
It
Unfortunately I didn't change your ipd as it's not going to happen for you. It would make a massive difference. Also, since I did this from my phone in under 5 minutes, it's not that great of a morph. It looks off considering the distortion of the pupils and some of the soft tissue distortions that came with simple airbrushing.

The individual above who said you didn't need a tan or to darken your eyebrows doesn't know what he's talking about. Fwiw I left your eyebrow color as is mostly.

Interesting, so you’re saying you manipulated my jaw angle and cheek bones correct?
I’m confused are these different procedures than jaw surgery or a part of it?

Also what about eye surgery? I was told by an Oculoplastic Surgeon that my eyes are not straight forward given upper lid ptosis and lower eyelid retraction.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:39:58 PM by Austinou88 »

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »
Agree with everything MOON said.

1. Also, your neurocranium looks moderately wider than your facial skeleteon, giving you an unattractive, creepy lightbulb-shaped head.

2. Your eyebrows are really light but even worse, almost non-existent.

3. Mouth is very narrow relative to your facial width and relative to the volume of soft tissue within the space it occupies.

4. Hairline is high and destroys the niche you should be focusing on.

5. Skin is worse than I had expected. One of your largest problems. You need to be working on your skin tone and it's undertones.

6. Narrowness of your eyes (palpebral fissure width) relative to your bizygomagic distance, midface length, and interpupilary distance. Widening them will also increase the outercanthal distance, making the eyes look slightly further apart.

Conclusion: Double Jaw Surgery is the LEAST IMPORTANT THING YOU SHOULD BE WORKING ON. I don't understand how so many autists here have convinced themselves that some form of bimax is the way to solve their aesthetic problems. So many of you, including OP, have a whole host of issues that would be easier fixed (not to mention more beneficial) then moving your DA portion of the Maxilla and the Mandible in ~1 dimension and rotating it.

Austinou88

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 03:58:17 PM »
Agree with everything MOON said.

I did a TON of research into Eyebrow Hair Transplants.
They transplant hair from your head or on your leg to your eyebrows, whatever matches the best.

I had a couple of consults with Hair and Eyebrow Restoration Surgeons who did them.
They told me I'm a perfect candidate.

Would it be worth it to consider it?
Would having noticeable eyebrows, that are darker actually make much of a difference?

Dr. Marc Dauer is Los Angeles has done a lot of them
And apparently is the best of the best when it comes to doing it.

And in regards to a high hairline, what would you recommend?
Just keeping my hair longer, or actually looking into doing an actual hair transplant to lower it?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:39:06 PM by Austinou88 »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2017, 04:23:35 PM »
There is hairline lowering surgery that many women with high hairlines get.

Austinou88

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2017, 06:51:37 PM »
There is hairline lowering surgery that many women with high hairlines get.

So women, not men?

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2017, 11:37:20 PM »
So women, not men?

Plenty of men too.

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 11:40:41 PM »
I did a TON of research into Eyebrow Hair Transplants.
They transplant hair from your head or on your leg to your eyebrows, whatever matches the best.

I had a couple of consults with Hair and Eyebrow Restoration Surgeons who did them.
They told me I'm a perfect candidate.

Would it be worth it to consider it?
Would having noticeable eyebrows, that are darker actually make much of a difference?

Dr. Marc Dauer is Los Angeles has done a lot of them
And apparently is the best of the best when it comes to doing it.

And in regards to a high hairline, what would you recommend?
Just keeping my hair longer, or actually looking into doing an actual hair transplant to lower it?

Hair transplant and/or hairline lowering. If you were wealthy you should do both. Maybe even dye your hair and see if it's reasonable. Your concern should be that it looks dorky or abnormal, not 'exotic' which it obviously will.

Yes, you're a prime candidate for eyebrow restoration. Increasing the density and darkening (in line with your hair color) will help massively. Still won't make you good looking though, so don't get your hopes up too much.

You may be very happy though if it all goes well as it will be a *noticeable improvement*.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2017, 01:58:21 AM »
Hair transplant and/or hairline lowering. If you were wealthy you should do both. Maybe even dye your hair and see if it's reasonable. Your concern should be that it looks dorky or abnormal, not 'exotic' which it obviously will.

Yes, you're a prime candidate for eyebrow restoration. Increasing the density and darkening (in line with your hair color) will help massively. Still won't make you good looking though, so don't get your hopes up too much.

You may be very happy though if it all goes well as it will be a *noticeable improvement*.

Legit

Washingtoni

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2017, 03:45:00 PM »
Also what about eye surgery?
I was told by an Oculoplastic Surgeon that my eyes are not straight forward given upper lid ptosis and lower eyelid retraction.

Which oculoplastig you had consultation and what surgery he suggest you? I do not think you have crossed eyes but maybe mild upper ptosis of the eyelids?