Author Topic: Is it my jaw or chin?  (Read 9918 times)

Lefort4Advancement

Re: Is it my jaw or chin?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »
As I had said, although Lefort4 has given some good advice, I don't agree that your mouth would be 'too narrow' or that the width of your mouth in any way would hold you back in looks. It is mainly the lack of visible eyebrows that extend laterally and the eyes that make your features look somewhat narrower-set.

Plenty of handsome guys have what would also qualify as a narrower mouth then. Such as Mantas Armalis:
https://bullseye-prod.aggrego.org/wp-ag/wp-content/uploads/sites/156/2016/04/Screen-Shot-2016-04-12-at-2.27.56-PM.jpg?o=eyJ4IjowLjUsInkiOjAuNSwid2lkdGgiOjU0NywiaGVpZ2h0IjozMTB9&s=WBvGdx568uxL6m6ZMDUqPceKa60%3D&a

And Simon Nessman's mouth is also not particularly wide:
http://www.malemodelscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Simon-Nessman-Diana-Scheunemann-Mens-Health-Best-Fashion-08.jpg

Just to list two examples. Anyhow: there would not be any surgery to widen the mouth (unless a surgeon would be willing to perform a particularly disfiguring procedure or you may want to try a multitude of facelifts that could stretch the mouth. Doubt the result would look very appealing though). But as said: I do not believe this is holding the OP back in looks at all.

You just used the argument that unattractive features exist on good-looking people, and therefore those features can't be unattractive. Literally any of OP's flaws could be found on people in the 99th percentile of physical attractiveness.

This is not a good argument, nor is it relevant. While OP's mouth width relative to bigonial width, bizygomatic width, and interpupillary distance is not ideal, he does indeed have more pressing issues.

Also, a lateral commisuroplaty is not disfiguring, though it does leave a small scar.

Austinou88

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2017, 09:50:02 AM »
Hair transplant and/or hairline lowering. If you were wealthy you should do both. Maybe even dye your hair and see if it's reasonable. Your concern should be that it looks dorky or abnormal, not 'exotic' which it obviously will.

Yes, you're a prime candidate for eyebrow restoration. Increasing the density and darkening (in line with your hair color) will help massively. Still won't make you good looking though, so don't get your hopes up too much.

You may be very happy though if it all goes well as it will be a *noticeable improvement*.

So in terms of making the biggest difference first, looking into Hair Transplant/Lowering and Eyebrow Restoration would be the best?
Or would Jaw Surgery be a better first step Aesthetically?

Also, I know Korea does a lot of eye surgery's.
Is there anything better about what they do there, vs in the USA on what could help?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 06:56:43 PM by Austinou88 »

CCW

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2017, 01:42:14 PM »
Aesthetically, jaw surgery will make the biggest difference. Convex profile like yours is a risk factor for sleep apnea, so you should consider getting a sleep study done. Schedule a consultation with Gunson if you're in Cali because he's the best surgeon for your case. Don't get any cosmetic operations until you have had jaw surgery. I reckon it'll be enough to improve your eyes if you're concerned about that.

You don't need a hairline lowering because the distance between your hairline and glabella is equal to the distance between your glabella and base of the nose. You certainly shouldn't get a hair transplant and waste limited donor hair unnecessarily. You don't seem to have any hair loss and your hairline is fine.

Rihanna and Cara, for example, have big foreheads since their upper third is bigger than their other facial thirds.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Austinou88

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2017, 12:26:51 AM »
Aesthetically, jaw surgery will make the biggest difference. Convex profile like yours is a risk factor for sleep apnea, so you should consider getting a sleep study done. Schedule a consultation with Gunson if you're in Cali because he's the best surgeon for your case. Don't get any cosmetic operations until you have had jaw surgery. I reckon it'll be enough to improve your eyes if you're concerned about that.

You don't need a hairline lowering because the distance between your hairline and glabella is equal to the distance between your glabella and base of the nose. You certainly shouldn't get a hair transplant and waste limited donor hair unnecessarily. You don't seem to have any hair loss and your hairline is fine.

Rihanna and Cara, for example, have big foreheads since their upper third is bigger than their other facial thirds.

My Sleep study I did last year showed having Mild OSA.
But I hear it gradually gets worse over time?

A few months later I had the PAINFUL, UPPP Surgery, done but I don't think it cured my OSA.
It has about a 25% to 30% success rate.

In the middle of a paper consult with Dr. Gunson at the moment. But would like to consult in person after I get done with boot camp in San Diego.
I scheduled a consultation with Dr. Robert J. Relle in LA as well. Was highly recommended by a lot of patients.

Never had any hair loss, if anything too much hair!
Why does my forehead seem so big, s it my lack of color/visibility in my eyebrows?

What do you think about Eyebrow Restoration? Worth consulting on now or eventually? Or focus on jaw first as you said?
I know Dr. Marc Dauer, a Hair and Eyebrow Restoration Surgeon in LA does a lot of them. He's apparently one of the best around the world at it specifically.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:02:41 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2017, 12:41:12 AM »
Which oculoplastig you had consultation and what surgery he suggest you? I do not think you have crossed eyes but maybe mild upper ptosis of the eyelids?

Didn't have a consultation in person yet.
That's just based off the responses of surgeon's I sent photos to online.

Almost all of them say I've got Ptosis though, some say in both eyelids. Here's one: http://imgur.com/a/W0FEe
Am not cross eyed, sorry if I mixed up my words there.

So besides having probably Ptosis, what else is going on?
Whats it going to take to get my eyes to look better?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:02:48 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2017, 01:08:19 AM »
Be very careful with hairline lowering surgery. I've seen several patients that had permanent hairloss along the hairline as a consequence. I assume as a result of the amount of tension (= stress) put on the skin. Going bald is not worth it. Here's only one example:
https://www.realself.com/review/oakland-california-forehead-reduction-permanent-hair-loss-regret-after-forehead

Plus imo the scar is always visible. A woman can use make-up to cover up, us guys can't.
If you want to get your hairline lowered you'd be better off with FUE, certainly since you seem to have a good amount of hair. I would first focus on the eyebrows and eyes however and see what growing your hair out more could do for you in terms of aesthetics. Focus on the eyebrows/eyes, let your hair grow out meanwhile. Stop, assess, in other words, and then decide therafter if you want to get FUE. Unless you have unlimited funds to pay for surgery: then by all means go for FUE too while you work on the eyebrows/eyes.
But even with FUE and a lower hairline, you'd look better with a different haircut, imo. This haircut emphasizes the shape/size of your cranium. If you grow your hair out: far less so.

Heard similar regarding hairline lowering surgery and balding.
What/Where exactly would FUE benefit me? Is there anyway for it to make my cranium look less creepier at all?

Growing out my hair is just really difficult because of it's kinky, curly texture.
It seems almost impossible to keep long.

I once had it chemically straightened though, just to see what it would do.
Made growing it out, and keeping it long really easy. You have any examples of a different haircut(s)?
Or just having it long everywhere?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:02:56 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2017, 01:12:49 AM »
You just used the argument that unattractive features exist on good-looking people, and therefore those features can't be unattractive. Literally any of OP's flaws could be found on people in the 99th percentile of physical attractiveness.

This is not a good argument, nor is it relevant. While OP's mouth width relative to bigonial width, bizygomatic width, and interpupillary distance is not ideal, he does indeed have more pressing issues.

Also, a lateral commisuroplaty is not disfiguring, though it does leave a small scar.

Would a lateral commisuroplaty involve a lot of risk?
And eyes being the most pressing issue?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:03:05 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2017, 05:19:27 AM »
Who could I see to fix my eyes?
I played around with photoshop, and I literally looked a million times better when I opened up my eyes more.

Was shocking!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2017, 01:41:50 PM »
Who could I see to fix my eyes?
I played around with photoshop, and I literally looked a million times better when I opened up my eyes more.

Was shocking!
Photoshop can be shocking. A few mms here, a few mms there and soon you have a new person.

Austinou88

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2017, 11:19:37 PM »
Photoshop can be shocking. A few mms here, a few mms there and soon you have a new person.
Seems to be the case.

One doctor I just recently spoke to told me that: "Horizontal length can only be slightly improved with lateral canthopexy.  But the problem is as you lengthen the eye laterally
It will become more narrow vertically. Not Really anything to address this issue."

If that's true, than am I out of luck?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:03:21 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2017, 11:47:26 PM »
Agree with everything MOON said.

1. Also, your neurocranium looks moderately wider than your facial skeleteon, giving you an unattractive, creepy lightbulb-shaped head.
it.

Would you suggest looking into Skull Reshaping?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:38:29 PM by Austinou88 »

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2017, 12:05:50 AM »
Seems to be the case.

One doctor I just recently spoke to told me that: "Horizontal length can only be slightly improved with lateral canthopexy.  But the problem is as you lengthen the eye laterally
It will become more narrow vertically. Not Really anything to address this issue."

If that's true, than am I out of luck?

Since when do you not want eyes that are vertically narrow? That's one of the benefits.

Go see Dr. Taban and get a canthoplasty; a lateral lengthening canthoplasty which will literally widen your palapebral fissure too.

Also a commisuroplasty has to do with widening the mouth, not the eyes. Definitely riskier than the former.   

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2017, 12:07:20 AM »
Would you suggest looking into Skull Reshaping?

Do you have the money for all this? If so, absolutely.

Ask Deschamps-Braly in SF and Eppley in Indiana what they can do for you.

Best of both worlds so to speak.

Austinou88

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2017, 12:33:32 AM »
Do you have the money for all this? If so, absolutely.

Ask Deschamps-Braly in SF and Eppley in Indiana what they can do for you.

Best of both worlds so to speak.

If it will make an improvement, than for sure.
What order of priority do you think would be best?

I'm thinking:
1. - Eye Surgery
2. - Eyebrow Hair Restoration
3. - Posterior Temporal Muscle Reduction
4. - Jaw Surgery
5. - Hair Transplant & Hairline Lowering?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:03:32 PM by Austinou88 »

Austinou88

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2017, 12:59:59 AM »
Since when do you not want eyes that are vertically narrow? That's one of the benefits.

Go see Dr. Taban and get a canthoplasty; a lateral lengthening canthoplasty which will literally widen your palapebral fissure too.

Also a commisuroplasty has to do with widening the mouth, not the eyes. Definitely riskier than the former.

I guess I didn't realize it, that's awesome.

How big on the scale of improvement would it be make afterward?
Would you suggest it before/over jaw surgery?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:03:41 PM by Austinou88 »