Author Topic: Had my consultaion, extractions for BSSO?  (Read 863 times)

Armada

Had my consultaion, extractions for BSSO?
« on: June 03, 2017, 11:31:18 AM »
My bite is fine and functional, but aesthetically my surgeon agreed that BSSO would help a lot and it's something he would want to do, since it's my profile and lower jaw area that I want to improve.

To get BSSO to work I'd need to get a couple of extractions though, to essentially create an overjet that can then be moved forward. Extractions are usually bad, but would you consider them for the sake of jaw surgery?

I guess the only alternative would be to do LF1 to move both forward but it seems like overkill when the only thing I want to change is my lower jaw.

emanresu

Re: Had my consultaion, extractions for BSSO?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »
Good question, I hope someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in, but I'm in the same boat (well actually both top and bottom extractions were suggested in my case) and I'm going to be speaking with Gunson just to confirm this is my only choice. I also want to speak to Zarrinbal about the possibility of a chin wing instead (but he's notoriously hard to get a hold of so I'm not looking forward to dealing with that). Only then will I consider extractions.

Armada

Re: Had my consultaion, extractions for BSSO?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »
Ah I see, I'll definitely look into getting a consult with Gunson then, he seems to be far and away the best rated for consultations on here.