Author Topic: Dr Hernandez Alfaro  (Read 44409 times)

A-V-P

Re: Dr Hernandez Alfaro
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2017, 05:19:27 AM »
Good luck suing the surgeon.  Look at all the botched MM surgeries - I can think of 5 on this forum alone.  Results so bad that it could not have possibly been him.

Look at the massive volume of surgeries that these big name clinics do.  Even your local bum surgeon typically operates like it's an assembly line: one after the other on the same day.  It's mostly wisdom teeth and implants, but hey, even he has to take a piss, have a break.  What do you think the interns are there for? Merely to hand him instruments? 

A dental nurse who works for max facs told me that once the patient is under, all the pleasantries fly out the window - your head is a football.  Not out of malice - it's a business and time is money. You really have no idea what goes on once you're under.

This is very scary.
To prevent actions like this happening and to protect each party I think there should be cameras set to the OR and where ever the patient is while they are under anestesia and passed out.
I have friends who have a camera at their home that are attached to wifi. Through that they can observe things through their phone that go around in their house while they are gone. They can also talk with the person who are there. It quite cheap system even the camera quality is quite good. Less than 50€.

Now when something has gone terribly wrong the doctors never take responsibility of their doings and blame many times that the patient is crazy. I think any good facility should set up a video surveillance like this, thus they show they have nothing to hide and they show that if something wrong happens they can always double check that who did what around the patient while they were drugged out. I can not think any reason why would someone argue against this sort of surveillance. Then there would be no need for blaming eg. the malpractice victim who has all ready hard time coping that they are troll and crazy when they only try to tell online the truth about the horrors they went through in some place.

I think 50€ is not a big investment for the safety that should be the number 1 priority at any facility.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 06:05:36 AM by A-V-P »
Here is what Dr Timothy J Marten MD of marten clinic of plastic surgery did to me and something more:
https://imgur.com/a/JdEFR

https://timothyjmartenplasticsurgeonbadexperience.wordpress.com/blog/

https://bad-experience-timothy-marten-md.tumblr.com/

ditterbo

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 05:38:13 PM »
I've just emailed that question to him amongst some others. I didn't know either.
In terms of the bimax he says - CW rotation, 6mm+ downgraft (ATLEAST 6mm he said, so that I show 2-3mm of gum postop which is the 'normal' situation for a man of my age)
Not much advancement.. he doesn't see the need for it. It's more of a vertical movement.

I believe I sent you the X-rays I got from another surgeon with the 3d view of my face / skull - its basically the same plan with some changes. I just need to pick between defrancq and alfaro now....

I'm guessing Alfaro wants to do a lot more rotation than DF?

UKMaxfac

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2017, 02:52:19 AM »
I'm guessing Alfaro wants to do a lot more rotation than DF?

he wants to do basically the same as defrancq. Extrusion (downgrafting) and advancement.

My choice is basically either go with DF and have a slightly more subtle result, or go with Alfaro which is way more expensive with less downtime but likely a less natural result (I've seen alot of his results and alot of them look very obviously like they have had jaw surgery - i hate that look).

Milli_Meters

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2017, 03:04:01 AM »
whole maxilla , anterior and posterior will be downgrafted in both plans?

UKMaxfac

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2017, 03:45:06 AM »
whole maxilla , anterior and posterior will be downgrafted in both plans?

I'm still waiting on responses from Alfaro - but neither of them mentioned posterior. A UK surgeon did. but I'm not going with him for many reasons.

Basically my face is just entirely too short, and has been since age 13-14, so it's the anterior that needs to come down alot.

Bowie

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2017, 04:16:48 AM »
How much is Alfro roughly for bimax?

UKMaxfac

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2017, 01:09:29 PM »
Hey Maxfac,

Did you have to pay Alfaro for the workup like you had to pay Defrancq?

Cheers.

Well since I already had DF's workup I just showed all the stuff to him (images) with the plan etc. I have only skype consulted with Alfaro, whereas DF i saw in person.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2017, 03:17:59 PM »
Thanks! I'm having a skype consultation with him soon, too. Did you mail him the Defrancq stuff prior to the consultation?
It's interesting that he wants to do rhino at the same time, everything I have heard regarding that has been that it's not a good idea. Then again, Alfaro seems quite progressive. When you say he's more expensive than JDF, are we talking more than 5k euros extra?

It's significantly more expensive yes. Over 5k more.

ditterbo

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2017, 04:32:57 PM »
he wants to do basically the same as defrancq. Extrusion (downgrafting) and advancement.

My choice is basically either go with DF and have a slightly more subtle result, or go with Alfaro which is way more expensive with less downtime but likely a less natural result (I've seen alot of his results and alot of them look very obviously like they have had jaw surgery - i hate that look).

What are the tells of bimax surgery w/Alfaro and just in general, other than an overtly protruding/full upper lip to nose region?  I don't really notice what you're saying in the b/a's on his site.  Except some people have funky lower lips post op. Also some of the shots are kind of awkward in the pose and not proper comparison photos. One guy has obvious divots in his jawline where the cut were made and looks significantly older with overall fat loss to the face, but maybe he just lost a lot of weight from the surgery. Not like he was overweight in the least before.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2017, 04:39:26 PM »
Ya from what I hear/see Alfaro's B n As are not dramatic. Maybe havent seen enough.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2017, 04:46:15 AM »
What are the tells of bimax surgery w/Alfaro and just in general, other than an overtly protruding/full upper lip to nose region?  I don't really notice what you're saying in the b/a's on his site.  Except some people have funky lower lips post op. Also some of the shots are kind of awkward in the pose and not proper comparison photos. One guy has obvious divots in his jawline where the cut were made and looks significantly older with overall fat loss to the face, but maybe he just lost a lot of weight from the surgery. Not like he was overweight in the least before.

http://www.institutomaxilofacial.com/en/caso-clinico/david/
http://www.institutomaxilofacial.com/en/caso-clinico/leticia/

https://vimeo.com/41901371

They all look 'done' to me..

Bowie

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2017, 05:37:10 AM »
Only overdone one I think is this girl:

What do you guys think?
I like it yeah that is the only one in his gallery that looks somewhat extreme but still natural imo, thrte is nothing unusual about his other results, that's just how soft tissue can react to jaw surgery and there is still some swelling in some of the photos.

Rico

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2017, 05:44:57 AM »
not good age or even century to undergo any not mandatory surgery.  Most surgeons are not responsible for what they are doing

UKMaxfac

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2017, 07:50:49 AM »
not good age or even century to undergo any not mandatory surgery.  Most surgeons are not responsible for what they are doing

You've had a bad experience, so you would say that.

I've met many people IRL who had jaw surgery for aesthetic purposes and they told me its the best decision they ever made.
I've only ever heard nightmare stories on this forum

Bowie

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2017, 12:25:10 PM »
Actually I find some of his work UNDERDONE so it's interesting to see different opinions on here, overall from what I see, he looks like a top class surgeon.