Author Topic: Dr Hernandez Alfaro  (Read 44401 times)

UKMaxfac

Dr Hernandez Alfaro
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:28:38 AM »
Hello everyone,

I just wondered whether anyone here had surgery with him and their experience?

If I'm not wrong there was an older lady on here who had bimaxillary surgery with him at some point and was pleased with his work.

Bowie

Re: Dr Hernandez Alfaro
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 11:44:23 AM »
Hello everyone,

I just wondered whether anyone here had surgery with him and their experience?

If I'm not wrong there was an older lady on here who had bimaxillary surgery with him at some point and was pleased with his work.

Yes I forget her username but she had a good result, he did counter clockwise rotation and a genioplasty in something like 4 hours? I can't quite remember but it was in short time which might sound alarming because you would want the surgeon to take care but really the less time you are subjected to general anesthesia the better, it causes brain damage amongst other health problems and the shorter the surgery, the quicker the recovery.

Personally, I would be very interested in having a consultation with him.

CCW

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:22:52 PM »
No, it was under 2 hours. I thought her result was very good and basically made her look 20 years younger as she said. He does jaw surgery as it should be done: big jaw movements with counterclockwise rotation when needed and a small genio.

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=4156.0
http://www.institutomaxilofacial.com/en/ortonatic-surgery/minimally-invasive-surgery/

Bowie

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 12:25:17 PM »
No, it was under 2 hours. I thought her result was very good and basically made her look 20 years younger as she said. He does jaw surgery as it should be done: big jaw movements with counterclockwise rotation when needed and a small genio.

http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=4156.0
http://www.institutomaxilofacial.com/en/ortonatic-surgery/minimally-invasive-surgery/
Wow under 2 hours, yep he looks like a class A surgeon and his prices aren't ridiculous.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 12:37:27 PM »
I think I emailed Dr Alfaro and I spoke with the lady from England who went to Barcelona to have surgery with him.  Her DJS was just under 2 hours, she healed up really fast and was walking around the next day or two in minimal discomfort.  She also only has minimal numbing on her chin which is fantastic for us who are older.  If I remember correctly Dr Alfaro has an adjoining building for recovering patients next to the hospital that can accommodate the patient and one other person.  Its sort of like a recovery hotel with nurses on call.  Sounds pretty awesome to me except that its in another country.
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

lennyx

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 12:24:56 PM »
Damn I hope Alfaro doesn't jack up the prices by the time i'm ready to have surgery, which will be 3 years from now. he seems to me like the best choice so far for ccw rotation

Bowie

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 12:35:56 PM »
Damn I hope Alfaro doesn't jack up the prices by the time i'm ready to have surgery, which will be 3 years from now. he seems to me like the best choice so far for ccw rotation
'
I doubt it, how many people will come from this website? Don't forget he is in Spain.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 02:13:31 PM »

Did you have an initial consult with Alfaro or an email or anything?  Im curious if you learned any details about the recovery building they have next to the hospital.   Im almost positive either someone from Alfaro's office or a patient told me its like a hotel except nurses come check on you, they provide meals, and you can have a guest stay with you as well.  That sounds amazing and super comforting to anyone who is anxious about recover (Meeeee!)
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

UKMaxfac

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 03:37:22 PM »
there must be a catch somewhere... seems almost too good to be true imho

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 04:35:06 PM »
Many high volume surgeons with a lot of fly in patients have some kind of a deal with a nearby hotel.

ppsk

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 04:39:18 PM »

the catch is Alfaro's clinic is like a production line factory.

Some people especially I'm The Most Important Person In Your Life type patients are disturbed by the volume of patients he sees, thinking they won't get optimal treatment or something.

lennyx

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 05:54:13 PM »
Did you have an initial consult with Alfaro or an email or anything?  Im curious if you learned any details about the recovery building they have next to the hospital.   Im almost positive either someone from Alfaro's office or a patient told me its like a hotel except nurses come check on you, they provide meals, and you can have a guest stay with you as well.  That sounds amazing and super comforting to anyone who is anxious about recover (Meeeee!)

I haven't contacted him in any way yet still gathering info and opinions but my intuition points to him. and i am a fan of this minimally invasive s**t. i also dunno exact details about the hospital stay, was hoping to get some juicy info here about it too
but rhen i have these exact same thoughts

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 06:32:38 PM »
the catch is Alfaro's clinic is like a production line factory.

Some people especially I'm The Most Important Person In Your Life type patients are disturbed by the volume of patients he sees, thinking they won't get optimal treatment or something.
Yet your local "best guy in the state", who's lucky to do 20 orthognathic surgeries per year will not think about you even once outside of your appointment/surgery. 
People should stop thinking of surgeons as some sort of friend. Nobody selling you something is your friend. All that fake chumminess flies out the window the moment something goes wrong. Probably the most psychopathic occupation in existence.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 10:49:24 PM »
Heard mixed things from his patients.

Marianetti cited him as the best in Europe.

I think he is super skilled but he wants autonomy in his plans and does not care much for the patient's input if it contradicts his designs.

Mixed bag.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:41:42 AM by Milli_Meters »

UKMaxfac

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 01:20:24 AM »
Many high volume surgeons with a lot of fly in patients have some kind of a deal with a nearby hotel.

i couldnt care less about the hotel, im talking about his so called 'minimally invasive' surgical approach.