Author Topic: Dr Hernandez Alfaro  (Read 44399 times)

UKMaxfac

Re: Dr Hernandez Alfaro
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 01:21:02 AM »
I heard a pretty horrid testimonial about this surgeon which I did not know what to make of.

Marianetti cited him as the best in Europe.

I think he is super skilled but he wants autonomy in his plans and does not care much for the patient's input if it contradicts his designs.

Mixed bag.

From who? What did it say? You cant just say 'I heard something really bad' and then not explain yourself...

Bowie

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 01:36:20 AM »
From who? What did it say? You cant just say 'I heard something really bad' and then not explain yourself...
Quite, here we go again lol.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 01:38:00 AM »

I will Pm you.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 02:01:18 AM »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 02:33:19 AM »
The biggest worry with high volume providers is that some intern ends up operating on you instead of the big name.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 02:40:45 AM »
You got it.Yep , that was part of what I was told in the less than 5 star review.

That part really creeps me out. We do all this research ,go to a surgeon like we are going to a new religion and then some intern comes to lose his max fac virginity on you!!!

I mean even if it was a good job , I would be haunted if I learnt that.

Bowie

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 02:48:11 AM »
Christ yes that's a good point, people thought that was the case with Mommaerts.

ppsk

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 02:58:06 AM »
The biggest worry with high volume providers is that some intern ends up operating on you instead of the big name.

this seems like the boogey-man tale of jaw surgery

i.e i do not think it has ever actually been found to be true, nor do I think it is plausible. For starters, the depth of legal hot water is mind boggling, no surgeon in 2017 in any first world country would try that s**t on with a 10 foot pole. Doctors are paranoid about lawsuits stemming from just giving commentary to patients, let alone the amount of CRIMINAL charges that could be brought against them in a case where they let an intern operate on you against your consent.

People should be aware that in any field of medicine there are not just problem doctors.... there are problem patients, and these people are not above making complete bulls**t up to "fortify" their stories for lack of a better term. There was a guy on here who wrote a rather compelling but ultimately nonsensical hollywood like fiction about a surgeon bringing him out of anaethesia mid-surgery "on purpose" to "teach me a lesson"  ::) - it may well be the case he has legitimate grievances with the work of his surgeon, but the compulsive need to lie to bolster their perspective against what they have now decided is their enemy in life is probably pathological.

Bowie

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 03:09:40 AM »

i.e i do not think it has ever actually been found to be true, nor do I think it is plausible. For starters, the depth of legal hot water is mind boggling, no surgeon in 2017 in any first world country would try that s**t on with a 10 foot pole. Doctors are paranoid about lawsuits stemming from just giving commentary to patients, let alone the amount of CRIMINAL charges that could be brought against them in a case where they let an intern operate on you against your consent.

People should be aware that in any field of medicine there are not just problem doctors.... there are problem patients, and these people are not above making complete bulls**t up to "fortify" their stories for lack of a better term. There was a guy on here who wrote a rather compelling but ultimately nonsensical hollywood like fiction about a surgeon bringing him out of anaethesia mid-surgery "on purpose" to "teach me a lesson"  ::) - it may well be the case he has legitimate grievances with the work of his surgeon, but the compulsive need to lie to bolster their perspective against what they have now decided is their enemy in life is probably pathological.

Yeah very true about problem patients making s**t up too.
There was a woman who had a facelift by a well known plastic surgeon in London, I saw photos he actually left folds/ creases on her face like bunched up leather, she was adamant that he had an intern do some of the surgery so was in a battle to get the surgery record, don't know what happened with that.

Well mostly in America doctors are terrified of lawsuits in some parts of Europe it is practically impossible to sue a surgeon.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 03:27:32 AM »
You got it.Yep , that was part of what I was told in the less than 5 star review.

That part really creeps me out. We do all this research ,go to a surgeon like we are going to a new religion and then some intern comes to lose his max fac virginity on you!!!

I mean even if it was a good job , I would be haunted if I learnt that.

Surely if you specify and make absolutely clear u want the main guy doing it, then he will do it...

Milli_Meters

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 03:49:13 AM »
Surely if you specify and make absolutely clear u want the main guy doing it, then he will do it...

Idk. I am not talking about this surgeon specifically I am talking about the possibility of this going on. I  think you spoke with the source. He says it happens in Spain. His experience in Spain is limited to this surgeon.

Ofcourse we need to take everything with a grain of salt but that person has no incentive to lie privately.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 05:58:22 AM »

i.e i do not think it has ever actually been found to be true, nor do I think it is plausible. For starters, the depth of legal hot water is mind boggling, no surgeon in 2017 in any first world country would try that s**t on with a 10 foot pole.
Doctors are paranoid about lawsuits stemming from just giving commentary to patients, let alone the amount of CRIMINAL charges that could be brought against them in a case where they let an intern operate on you against your consent.
Good luck suing the surgeon.  Look at all the botched MM surgeries - I can think of 5 on this forum alone.  Results so bad that it could not have possibly been him.

Look at the massive volume of surgeries that these big name clinics do.  Even your local bum surgeon typically operates like it's an assembly line: one after the other on the same day.  It's mostly wisdom teeth and implants, but hey, even he has to take a piss, have a break.  What do you think the interns are there for? Merely to hand him instruments? 

A dental nurse who works for max facs told me that once the patient is under, all the pleasantries fly out the window - your head is a football.  Not out of malice - it's a business and time is money.  You really have no idea what goes on once you're under.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 03:31:11 AM »
I had my Alfaro consult. He wants to do rhinoplasty in the same operation as Bimax AND genioplasty. It's a revision rhino case so I'm worried.

He wants to do all of this without braces before or after surgery.

Not sure what to think!

He also says he does some 'trimming' of the paranasal area during surgery to 'accommodate' the nose and the lips.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2017, 03:36:27 AM »
I had my Alfaro consult. He wants to do rhinoplasty in the same operation as Bimax AND genioplasty. It's a revision rhino case so I'm worried.

He wants to do all of this without braces before or after surgery.

Not sure what to think!
What does he propose for fixation? Imf screws? Arch bars? Didn't know he does rhinos. What does he want to do? What do you need done?

UKMaxfac

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 03:42:01 AM »
What does he propose for fixation? Imf screws? Arch bars? Didn't know he does rhinos. What does he want to do? What do you need done?

I've just emailed that question to him amongst some others. I didn't know either.
In terms of the bimax he says - CW rotation, 6mm+ downgraft (ATLEAST 6mm he said, so that I show 2-3mm of gum postop which is the 'normal' situation for a man of my age)
Not much advancement.. he doesn't see the need for it. It's more of a vertical movement.

I believe I sent you the X-rays I got from another surgeon with the 3d view of my face / skull - its basically the same plan with some changes. I just need to pick between defrancq and alfaro now....