Author Topic: Dr Hernandez Alfaro  (Read 44396 times)

Milli_Meters

Re: Dr Hernandez Alfaro
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2017, 10:42:25 PM »
You've had a bad experience, so you would say that.

I've met many people IRL who had jaw surgery for aesthetic purposes and they told me its the best decision they ever made.
I've only ever heard nightmare stories on this forum

Yes. Same.  There are definitely bad outcomes but they end up being vocal  while most people who improve just move on with their lives and only recount their experience privately generally.

Sad what Rico has had to go through. But quite a different case from standard bimax.

Rico

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2017, 12:44:00 AM »
I didn't have surgery on jaw , but on zygoma

anyway If you like having damaged nerves permanently (50% cases) go for it :)

UKMaxfac

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2017, 08:07:54 AM »
I didn't have surgery on jaw , but on zygoma

anyway If you like having damaged nerves permanently (50% cases) go for it :)

So you never had any form of jaw surgery....
 ???

I'm not going to say anything bad here but seriously you are just trying to provoke a reaction because you are upset about your surgical experience.

No one is saying bimax doesnt have a ton of risks involved but lets keep things in perspective.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2017, 04:58:07 AM »
What does he propose for fixation? Imf screws? Arch bars? Didn't know he does rhinos. What does he want to do? What do you need done?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2017, 05:58:51 AM »
If he's as fast as he claims to be, the swelling will not have set in yet by the time he starts on the nose. Anyway I would favour him for the following reasons:
* piezoelectric tools may lead to less nerve damage
* his age
* surgeons who can do CCW with posterior down grafting (which apparently Alfaro does regularly) can do any kind of plan. Even if you don't need CCW (and you don't) - it's a mark of a skilled surgeon.

What I find questionable:
* I'm not a fan of surgery-first.  Some of his before and afters have obviously misaligned mid-lines. 
* Clinics with massive volumes like his and a few big name American ones - you may just be buying the brand and not the surgeon.  (If you have a friend in dental school, coax him/her to come with you and observe the surgery "for educational reasons".  I'm sure he will be allowed to.  This way you'll be certain that the big name surgeon will be the one operating on you.)

UKMaxfac

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2017, 07:35:12 AM »
* Clinics with massive volumes like his and a few big name American ones - you may just be buying the brand and not the surgeon.  (If you have a friend in dental school, coax him/her to come with you and observe the surgery "for educational reasons".  I'm sure he will be allowed to.  This way you'll be certain that the big name surgeon will be the one operating on you.)

What are you basing this on? You've heard about this happening alot?

UKMaxfac

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2017, 09:30:48 AM »
i asked:

lol

zygotic

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2017, 12:26:38 PM »
Their website lists four other maxillofacial surgeons, so there is the potential for someone other than Dr Alfaro - unless they are all in the Valencia office. Perhaps making a specific request is enough?

http://www.institutomaxilofacial.com/en/about-the-institute/team/

ITALIA

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »
How does he compare to some one like Defranq??

ditterbo

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2017, 02:59:44 PM »
i asked:

lol

"This image does not exist"

Does anyone know of other forums or sites going over Alfaro as a max fac?

CCW

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2017, 05:19:25 AM »
How does he compare to some one like Defranq??
Alfaro is younger, more skilled, cutting edge, has better eye for aesthetics, etc. I would choose Alfaro over Defrancq.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2017, 05:50:22 AM »
"This image does not exist"

Does anyone know of other forums or sites going over Alfaro as a max fac?

The image was a response from his staff. I just asked if it would definitely be HIM doing the surgery as this was extremely important to me, they responded: "ABSOLUTELY"

ditterbo

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2017, 10:50:05 AM »
Alfaro is younger, more skilled, cutting edge, has better eye for aesthetics, etc. I would choose Alfaro over Defrancq.

Comparison of Alfaro to Raffaini and Marianetti? Those are the three docs I've been contemplating for EU bimax

UKMaxfac

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2017, 06:24:54 AM »
Comparison of Alfaro to Raffaini and Marianetti? Those are the three docs I've been contemplating for EU bimax

From the pictures I have seen, Raffaini has the best results of any surgeon, hands down. Blows the rest of them out of the water.
I've seen pics from:
Defrancq
Haers
Johnson
Sailer
Mommaerts
Zarrinbal
Alfaro
plus a few more..

Raffainis results (atleast the ones on his website) look to be the most lifechanging and dramatic by far. The kind of results that would make a persons life do a 180. The only comparable results I saw were from Woolford, but many people here keep saying he replaces jaw joints etc, sounds scary and weird.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2017, 06:44:49 AM »
You have seen Dr Zarrinball's results? They are only available in clinic.