Author Topic: What went wrong with this result? (Defrancq HA on cheekbones and paranasal area)  (Read 9227 times)

Milli_Meters

It appears to me that he has also put on significant body fat in the 2nd photo compared to the first photo.

He does look bloated which is making people question the result. Question is , is it due to maxilla advancement +HA ?  If the case was that he just gained body fat , yes certainly would not be fair to judge the result.

GJ

• Administrator
He does look bloated which is making people question the result. Question is , is it due to maxilla advancement +HA ?  If the case was that he just gained body fat , yes certainly would not be fair to judge the result.

Maybe he's still swollen? I mean he did just have surgery, and it takes up to a year for swelling to drop. But as mentioned, it's mostly the different lighting regarding the orbits. Very clearly it's that. In the first photo that area is all washed out with light. Without the shadows, you're not going to see any hollowing in the area.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

Bobbit

Looking closely,  I think his neck is thicker as well as his face showing an increase in soft tissue volume.   So I think his BMI has increased between the before / after pictures.

Milli_Meters

Maybe he's still swollen? I mean he did just have surgery, and it takes up to a year for swelling to drop. But as mentioned, it's mostly the different lighting regarding the orbits. Very clearly it's that. In the first photo that area is all washed out with light. Without the shadows, you're not going to see any hollowing in the area.

You are right about lighting. Regarding swelling - Idk how much swelling is contributing to the bloated look but its unlikely as he is 9 months post op. There could be some residual swelling that is not helping but bulk must be either over all fat gain or misadventure in HA.

Still the feller profited over all from the surgery imho.

jawsurgeryadvice

I will have my second appointment with dr Defrancq wednesday. He also wants to put HA on my cheekbone, but after seeing this result idk if thats a good idea :s I think he makes people with a real deformity look normal after the surgery. But dont know what he can do if you look okay already.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

He has too much of a centre heavy face in the after, there's too much volume in the black outline and not enough in the red

Before his face was equally recessed making the face look more "flat", something almost all good looking people have. He looks much better though, his lower third was quite disproportionate in the before. The mouth bulgyness before looked quite nasty.

GJ

• Administrator
He has too much of a centre heavy face in the after, there's too much volume in the black outline and not enough in the red

That is so nit picky, and it's not even accurate. You really think a surgeon has that much control? Are you picking on his result just to feel better about yourself? It's hard to understand this level of minutia. He looks great after. BUT, photos are unreliable. We'd have to see him in person to truly know.

But again, look at the lighting. In the before, you see no wrinkles under the eye. In the after, you see some. This is a clear indicator (along with the shadows and white balance/pink in the corner) that the after photo is under exposed compared to the other. Under-exposure shows more harsh details. Over-exposure washed out the face. So it's an apples to oranges photographic comparison. You can deduce zero from the images other than his overall bone structure, and especially his muscles around the mouth, look more harmonious after.

Millimeters are miles on the face.

Lazlo

• Private
That is so nit picky, and it's not even accurate. You really think a surgeon has that much control? Are you picking on his result just to feel better about yourself? It's hard to understand this level of minutia. He looks great after. BUT, photos are unreliable. We'd have to see him in person to truly know.

But again, look at the lighting. In the before, you see no wrinkles under the eye. In the after, you see some. This is a clear indicator (along with the shadows and white balance/pink in the corner) that the after photo is under exposed compared to the other. Under-exposure shows more harsh details. Over-exposure washed out the face. So it's an apples to oranges photographic comparison. You can deduce zero from the images other than his overall bone structure, and especially his muscles around the mouth, look more harmonious after.

GJ is absolutely correct on all this. Well said.

dervyx

Profile picture. It does look like he gained some weight in this angle as he stores a lot of fat in his submental region...

PloskoPlus

IMO, not enough CCW rotation.

Milli_Meters

Ok he gained quite a bit of fat it seems. Idk if any amount of ccw/advancement can fight facial fat.

PloskoPlus

Ok he gained quite a bit of fat it seems. Idk if any amount of ccw/advancement can fight facial fat.
I meant the very vertical upper lip. The best surgeons manage to avoid this (most of the time).

CCW

He only had upper jaw surgery and a genio, no CCW. Defrancq uses posterior impaction to close an open bite because it's so stable. Defrancq is old and his methods are outdated.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

GJ is absolutely correct on all this. Well said.

You can clearly see here he has too much volume in the paranasal area compared to his orbital and cheekbone region, could be attributed to weight gain though (or even swelling), who knows.

And I said he looks much better, he looks quite good now to my eye. Looked a bit below average in the before.

Milli_Meters

I once gained 12 kilos due to some medication.  It screwed up my whole look.