Author Topic: What went wrong with this result? (Defrancq HA on cheekbones and paranasal area)  (Read 9234 times)

The Quest for Aesthetics

Yes he does have proportionately more fullness in the paranasal area compared to other regions of the upper midface. Rather than seeing this is a negative, it is more useful to view the result as a springboard for future augmentation of the rest of the midface. Often bimax acts a 'gateway procedure' in the following way. It unlocks one of the two important aspects of facial development: absolute development of the face. Future procedures (or other procedures performed concomitantly) deal with the second aspect: proportional development.

Sonia90

What does HA + paranasal alveolar bone augumentstion mean?

UKMaxfac

IMHO you guys just have way too high expectations of what jaw surgery can deliver.

I've seen hundreds of results online and his stand out far more than many others. Most jaw surgery results I've seen online are lacklustre anyway

Lazlo

• Private
I mean all of that is true, but we don't know how long his after photos were taken, could have even been years. And yes he looks slightly class 2 in the after, which may just be because of fat. He looks "good". I don't think this result is worth obsessing over. It obvs wasn't a CCW and as above user says, most jaw surgery results aren't amazing from aesthetic point of view. It's just one very small piece in a much larger and very complicated puzzle.

Milli_Meters

His after pics are 9 months post op iirc.

Lazlo

• Private
how do you get a double chin AFTER jaw surgery???

Milli_Meters

You gain weight.

tjarrr

So, the weight gain is screwing up the comparison as others have commented.

However, his results do look feminizing. I saw the after first and the before second when I opened this topic, and I thought that was a woman. I don't know exactly why in terms of anatomy, but a fuller submalar area relative to the cheekbone area is definitely a feminine characteristic. The problem with this guy was that his entire midface is recessed, not just the maxilla — the cheekbones are too. The paranasal area is already augmented by LeFort I alone, so getting HA onto that caused even further anterior projection in that area. The cheekbone area by contrast is only raised slightly after a LeFort I, and getting some HA there post-surgery is not enough to make that region equal in anterior projection to the paranasal region. He looked more masculine before because the submalar area was less anreriorly projected relative to the cheekbones.

UKMaxfac

So, the weight gain is screwing up the comparison as others have commented.

However, his results do look feminizing. I saw the after first and the before second when I opened this topic, and I thought that was a woman. I don't know exactly why in terms of anatomy, but a fuller submalar area relative to the cheekbone area is definitely a feminine characteristic. The problem with this guy was that his entire midface is recessed, not just the maxilla — the cheekbones are too. The paranasal area is already augmented by LeFort I alone, so getting HA onto that caused even further anterior projection in that area. The cheekbone area by contrast is only raised slightly after a LeFort I, and getting some HA there post-surgery is not enough to make that region equal in anterior projection to the paranasal region. He looked more masculine before because the submalar area was less anreriorly projected relative to the cheekbones.

I agree with the feminizing aspect, but his mouth area is hugely improved

ITALIA

He looked better before, but the surgery was probably not done for purely aesthetic reasons.