Author Topic: Is it standard to have wisdom teeth removal before bimax?  (Read 1258 times)

MyTimeIsNow

Is it standard to have wisdom teeth removal before bimax?
« on: June 09, 2017, 10:43:52 AM »
A surgeon who is willing to perform surgery first bimax told me that I would have to get my wisdom teeth removed and then wait for at least 4 months before having actual surgery. Is this standard procedure in preparation for bimax?

I've read somewhere that wisdom teeth have to be removed, because, that's there BSSO cuts are performed.

Bowie

Re: Is it standard to have wisdom teeth removal before bimax?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 11:16:23 AM »
Yes it is standard, apparently it can be avoided but wisdom teeth removal doesn't cause unwanted facial bone changers like with other teeth.

kjohnt

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 01:07:19 AM »
Yes, that is standard.  I have read of surgeons who do them all in one operation, but it seems to be rare.

MyTimeIsNow

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 11:42:10 AM »
I just asked the office of one of the surgeons mentioned here a lot and they told me that the wisdom teeth from lower jaw must go.

Bowie

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 11:45:18 AM »
I just asked the office of one of the surgeons mentioned here a lot and they told me that the wisdom teeth from lower jaw must go.

Some surgeons have been able to do it without wisdom extraction but I've no idea how, anyway wisdom extraction is no big deal.