Author Topic: Seek Suggestions to A Revision  (Read 1280 times)

PhoenixHiker

Seek Suggestions to A Revision
« on: June 09, 2017, 09:34:21 PM »
I had a double jaw surgery with Dr. D** in Phoenix AZ 16 months ago. To make a long story short (please search my other posts in this forum), I plan to seek a revision from a physician in CA, but I'm undecided among three options 1) A genioplasty only  2) lower jaw rotation only   3) a double jaw surgery. Any suggestions? which option I should choose to fix the asymmetry?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:56:55 PM by PhoenixHiker »

PhoenixHiker

Re: Seek Suggestions to A Revision
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:35:29 PM »
Here's one more pic. Clearly my jaw is severely asymmetrical, even though my first surgeon still denied it.

PhoenixHiker

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 09:39:24 PM »
I also talked to a cosmetic surgeon but he told me it's very difficult to completely fix the asymmetry using only implants. It's a bone issue. That's why I have to seek another kind of surgery.

XXRyanXXL

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 03:08:50 AM »
I've read your prior posts on here, beginning with 10 months Post-Op.

You had posted the following:  "I asked for detailed data (how many mm you moved/rotated) but he said he didn't track & record it at all."

1. Did you obtain the Virtual Surgical Planning? This is the computer rendering that the surgeon uses to planout the surgery and manipulate the the bony structrues.

2. Did you ever obtain your full records from the hospital? These can be useful information, telling you what was planned for you, and what occurred during the surgery. Just sign a release form under HIPAA and small copy fee.

3. Did you search the surgeon's credentials? Was he sanctioned by any medical board? These can be found on your state's dental board.
Also search your local court jurisidiction under the docket headings of the person or organization that performed the surgery, you can see if anyone has tried to sue him in the past.

4. Revision: Try having it done under your insurance company, but there must be some functional aspect to this. Seek as many consultations as you can to evaluate your case and obtain a treatment plan that makes sense to you and your orthodontist.

5. When did you start to notice this change in the occlusional plane? Clearly it is asymmetrical, this guy is full of SH!$ 
It is common for the bony structures to settle overtime, even with titanium plates and screws, which I believe is what happened here.
The Surgeon should be open to your feedback and discussing a revision, and not being evasive and lying to you.

If you truly believe this guy was doing things to you and was harmful to you, or lies, or deceit, then don't hesitate to file a
complaint with your local dental board. But get all your expert feedback and prove your case to them. They will not go off your word,
but from word from a professional. Especially these lies, nobody likes being lied to you and he has clearly breached the ethical standards
surgeon's must follow. And don't let this Surgeon bully you, telling you he's going to file a lawsuit against you.

Always, always do your research into someone before you have anything performed, and have it checked by another surgeon or ortho prior to having a revision done.

PhoenixHiker

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 10:13:40 PM »
I've read your prior posts on here, beginning with 10 months Post-Op.

Hi XXRyanXXL, sorry for the late reply.
1. Yes. We did a virtual surgical planning. However I believe what he actually performed was different than what he planed. He even changed the LeFort I 3-piece to 1-piece on the surgery day. Also he tampered the record by changing the "3" to "1". I have proof documents and I can email you. Please PM me.
2. Yes. I later obtained whole records from the surgical center. That's why I found he changed his plan and did 1-piece without rotation, instead of 3-piece with rotation. Also I can clearly see he altered the documents simply by changing 3 to 1 (Again I'm willing to send you the original doc)
3. Yes. He has credentials.
4. I do have some functional issues like a stuffy left nose due to the serve cant. I have a little bit difficulty biting down on the right side because of a lopsided jaw, etc.
5. I noticed it 6-8 months post-op after the swelling went down. The surgeon first denied any cant or asymmetry, but later was willing to do a revision with full charge (and offered me some kind of financing mortgage to pay him....).

It's almost impossible to have other surgeons testify for me in court. They all confirmed it's "not ideal", "not good", "it's tough" but also told me Dr D** is good. I'm thinking about go to someone outside of Phoenix.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:57:34 PM by PhoenixHiker »