Author Topic: Does the pain go away?  (Read 2274 times)

Firecracker123

Does the pain go away?
« on: June 15, 2017, 09:33:19 PM »
I went under the knife at 9 am on Wednesday. It's now 5:30am on Friday and my pain and swelling are just getting worse and worse. Yesterday I was talking and even had some tomato soup. Today however the pain is just getting so bad which I don't understand as most people said they felt numb and the issues was more the swelling. I however have pain in my jaw itself around the joints quite a lot, m'y throat is so incr silly sore as i haven't been able to drink much, and of course the usual hideous swelling levels and that feeling of having the biggest blocked nose ever. Is this abnormal and does anyone know how long it lasts for? Thank you :)

Ben30

Re: Does the pain go away?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 09:38:52 PM »
sound like you had a double jaw procedure. I only had single, but my anesthesiologyst said you'll feel like youve been hit by a truck afterwards.

Don't you have pain killers? Or maybe you could get stronger ones. I'd say it's early days for you it might take 7 days till things improve a bit.

If your really concerned see your doctor asap.

Firecracker123

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 10:07:07 PM »

Yes I had double surgery which makes things a lot worse and unfortunately my pain killers don't seem to be working very well as I'm only on paracetamol and ibuprofen. I have an appointment with ortho today I I may ask them but hopefully this just means I'm improving quickly!

Thanks for your help  :)

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 12:17:00 AM »
Sounds mostly normal, and the worst of it should be over in 3 or 4 days.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

UnderMunch

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 02:57:16 AM »
This is that time in your life when you ask for the strongest pain meds.

Good luck with your recovery!