Author Topic: Paul Johnson  (Read 4116 times)

Fowler

Paul Johnson
« on: June 16, 2017, 05:48:50 AM »
Hello

I have researched a fair bit and have seen most people have described Paul Johnson as very conservative.  However I haven't seen anyone actually describe their results after surgery​ with him.

Anyone had surgery with Mr Johnson and willing to discuss their result?  I have a fair bit of assymetry brought on by TMJ ankylosis which caused one side of my jaw to grow larger than the other. I had a sliding genioplasty on the NHS when they removed the bony spur from my jaw joint but still have assymetry and functional problems.

The functional problems aren't deemed great enough for surgery on the NHS and private jaw surgery isn't cheap. Really want to find out if this kind of surgery would be worth paying for.

CCW

Re: Paul Johnson
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 06:50:03 AM »
http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=6317.msg56462#msg56462

If you want to go private, you should look outside the UK. Alfaro in Spain and Raffaini in Italy are good surgeons who are also cheaper than UK surgeons. UK surgeons are bad and expensive.

jawgraphy

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 12:47:25 PM »
Just wondering why you think Paul johnson is bad..? I had heard he was very well regarded in this field

Dopesaint

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 03:38:50 PM »
Just wondering why you think Paul johnson is bad..? I had heard he was very well regarded in this field

Look at the URL he sent above.

JourneyToSerenity

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 06:11:01 AM »

In the U.K, we have a lack of top orthognathic surgeons. Unfortunately, anyone in this field can be 'well regarded' depending on who you speak to. All I will say is that his treatment plan for myself was odd and differed extensively from various other prominent surgeons that I've consulted with. Sadly, he's just one of many, it's odd how American and mainland European doctors treatment plan seem to be along similar lines whereas those here seem to differ massively in their treatment approach.