Author Topic: Profile, what's wrong?  (Read 3666 times)

A.I.H

Profile, what's wrong?
« on: June 16, 2017, 02:26:55 PM »
I'm 30 years old and  have a huge nose, very high bridge/ nasal bone.
Also I have a slight under bite, upper jaw to narrow/small (crowding teeth)
What can I do (surgery) to look more normal?  :(

http://imgur.com/a/GG5bJ

Are the  pic visible ?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:13:24 PM by A.I.H »

PloskoPlus

Re: Profile, what's wrong?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 03:57:51 PM »
You're a handsome guy. You should only do surgery if you have real functional issues and then only a minimal surgery which just fixed your bite, but doesnt change the way you look.
Do nothing to your nose.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 04:04:13 PM »
I wouldn't say you're a handsome guy. You're around average, but you're definitely not ugly at all.

A.I.H

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 04:22:36 PM »
I wouldn't say you're a handsome guy. You're around average, but you're definitely not ugly at all.

Thanks for your honesty.

I added 2 pictures.
Three quarter view I look really strange, I think because of the high nose bridge?
People keep telling me how weird I look, or just laugh at me, even strangers.
In my football/soccerteam years ago they called me the bull..

You're a handsome guy. You should only do surgery if you have real functional issues and then only a minimal surgery which just fixed your bite, but doesnt change the way you look.
Do nothing to your nose.

Thanks for the answer.
My upper palate is very narrow and high. I will go visit a orthodontist.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 07:09:06 PM by A.I.H »

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 05:10:42 PM »
You definitely don't look 'weird' or odd. You look decent if we're talking objectively. I'd put you at about 55th percentile for young-ish males. Don't dismiss the idea that you may have BDD as it is a legitimate mental illness that can make you think you look worse than you are. This seems to be the case here.

I could give you a more detailed appraisal on your looks but it would take me more time. If I have a few spare moments I could do that for you.

A.I.H

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 07:08:04 PM »
You definitely don't look 'weird' or odd. You look decent if we're talking objectively. I'd put you at about 55th percentile for young-ish males. Don't dismiss the idea that you may have BDD as it is a legitimate mental illness that can make you think you look worse than you are. This seems to be the case here.

I could give you a more detailed appraisal on your looks but it would take me more time. If I have a few spare moments I could do that for you.

Almost every person I meet tells me or stares at me . Old classmates ask me what happend.
I didn't  noticed myself at first , people just keep telling me. Even my brother and grandma tell me that I don't look the same in some way.
Even in hospital 2 nurses asked me about my face.
My nose and jaw feel bigger then 10 years ago.

Jilkster

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 10:19:16 PM »
Looks quite a bit above average imo. I'd say 80th percentile.

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 12:51:42 AM »

Almost every person I meet tells me or stares at me . Old classmates ask me what happend.
I didn't  noticed myself at first , people just keep telling me. Even my brother and grandma tell me that I don't look the same in some way.
Even in hospital 2 nurses asked me about my face.
My nose and jaw feel bigger then 10 years ago.

The more you continue to tell yourself that, the more you're going to suffer.

Strongly disagree on the 80th percentile, for young males he definitely doesn't look above average to me from the front (which is after all what is important). Still looks ok/decent though. Profile is above average imo.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 01:47:51 AM »
Have you lost weight, facial fat recently?

UKMaxfac

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 04:23:06 AM »
No point you getting surgery

A.I.H

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 06:12:59 AM »
Have you lost weight, facial fat recently?

Around/under my eye area I lost fat,  have been taking propecia for 6 months now..

No point you getting surgery

Why?

The more you continue to tell yourself that, the more you're going to suffer..

I don't , other people tell me. 

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 06:26:18 AM by A.I.H »

UnderMunch

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 12:27:00 PM »
1. Your nasal bridge is straight and the size is appropriate for your face; Men can hardly have a nose that's too big, unless it has a giant hump or if the guy has a long face. You have neither so don't touch that nose.

2. It's pretty clear from your profile pics that you have a well-developed chin and jaw angles and that there's balance in your face.

Overall, I'd say you're somewhere between average and attractive.

However, I hate your haircut and think it's detracting from your attractiveness: it's the kind that's trying to disguise the receding hairline that all healthy men get. Essentially, it's making your face more round which men don't want. The haircut you have now is only for kids. Get something shorter and squarer with no forehead and hairline-hiding "tricks".

But whatever you chose to do, I can't really see what jaw surgery would do for you and honestly think you've developed a habit of worrying about these things and now you're stuck in those thoughts.

ditterbo

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 05:03:19 PM »
Kill the neckbeard.  Your nose is slightly tall but not quite 'hogging the spotlight', so basically any work on it risks emasculating your face. But the dorsum could be shortened a hair, just imo. I also don't see anything wrong with your haircut.  But I also think you should look into *just* upper jaw surgery - if your teeth/arch is narrow that it's affecting you, or you have osa. 

PloskoPlus

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 08:52:31 PM »
Easily above average. Have you guys been outside lately?
Obviously not.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 09:17:38 PM »
In the last pic looks like you could use a subtle rhino. 

Shave.

You look a tad like the singer from The Killers. Pretty sure that is a good thing.

People may treat you odd/strange because you seem self conscious . Your looks do not warrant untoward reactions. Even in the last pic where you look the worst , you look avergish.