Author Topic: Question About Lawsuit Against Dentistry  (Read 2074 times)

someone

Question About Lawsuit Against Dentistry
« on: June 17, 2017, 03:01:05 PM »
Yo so basically I was on private dental healthcare (since its UK there is also NHS) wondering if any1 on this forum knows if u can sue ur dentist if they failed to refer u to an orthodontist or something like that when you were young (my old dentist told me I'd 'grow into my face' as I aged, clearly that isn't the case since I f**king need it sliced open and bones cut), anyone been in a situation like this and know if something like this is possible? Don't wanna waste money/time consulting with lawyers and s**t just to be told that it isn't possible.

Bowie

Re: Question About Lawsuit Against Dentistry
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 03:29:23 PM »
Yo so basically I was on private dental healthcare (since its UK there is also NHS) wondering if any1 on this forum knows if u can sue ur dentist if they failed to refer u to an orthodontist or something like that when you were young (my old dentist told me I'd 'grow into my face' as I aged, clearly that isn't the case since I f**king need it sliced open and bones cut), anyone been in a situation like this and know if something like this is possible? Don't wanna waste money/time consulting with lawyers and s**t just to be told that it isn't possible.
Well you could go to a law centre or citizens advice bureau, they may be able to tell tell you whether it is worth it or not.
By the sounds of it, in the eyes of the law, you have no case whatsoever.   

someone

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »
yeah I thought so, such a shame how these dentists (that are privately paid for) say they give dental advice but tell me that I'll 'grow into my underbite' whatever the f**k that means, at the moment my face looks like it is sinking inwards, I pray to God a maxfac will perform a modified lefort iii on me.

UnderMunch

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »
You'd have to provide documentation that malocclusion or maxillofacial deficiencies have caused you specific, serious physical ailments to a an extent where you've been medicated by your physician to combat the pain and symptoms. Anything less and you won't have a case.

I seriously doubt that you're able to provide that and taking someone to court for making you unattractive would only work if they had disfigured your face through invasive surgery, like plastic surgery or maxillofacial surgery.

You'd also have to provide evidence that your Ortho knew that maxillofacial surgery was needed but didn't refer you. If the Ortho legitimately didn't think jaw surgery was necessary then they're innocen. You have to prove that there was very obvious reasons to refer you and that the Ortho intentionally ignored those reasons.

Also, it's only people who were born with syndromes and victims of accidents that get lefort 3. Don't go around saying that you need it because you most likely don't.

someone

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 03:34:08 AM »
Not really. My bone structure's so flat that my skin literally drapes down due to lack of structural support. I've seen people who are not syndromic/victims of accidents who have got lefort iii's and they look amazing.

someone

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 04:21:46 AM »
Would also be a f**king blessing if some maxfac told my thick mum to shut her f**king mouth attempting to suggest I have some form of BDD, I have midfacial hypoplasia, an underbite and a deviated septum which caused nose deformity and she's trying to suggest 'it's all in my head' f**king ridiculous, she is the type of f**king scum who needs to be put in their bloody place. Absolutely preposterous how someone can suggest such when I'm objectively repulsive, and the only thing that'll fix it is a lefort 3. f**king kek at the way how when I discussed mouth-breathing with her she tried to say 'I breathe through my mouth I always sigh' like what a f**king moron lmao. I'm sick and tired of people like this who just want to try and suggest everything is okay when it's not, if I looked normal I wouldn't have f**king left school when I was 16 out of f**king depression that no one f**king liked me with each growing day because after each day I looked more and more like f**king s**t. And it pisses me off when c*nts like her try and suggest it's all in my head when it's not, it's a f**king insult and is extremely disrespectful, she can't even accept the fact that I have a f**king deformity even though it's blatantly obvious. Pretty sure I have hemifacial microsomia too considering one side of my face is wider than the other and my jaw's are crooked.

XXRyanXXL

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 09:45:39 AM »
OP there is no reason to use vile language on public forums, we understand your arguments.
Get an evaluation by an oral surgeon where you live at. Get a functional study done as well, and get together your records (cephs, xrays, etc)
Then present it to counsel to see if you have  a case. There are some lawyers that go upon contingency bases, so they will only proceed if they know they will win, otherwise it's out of pocket costs and they are lazy and won't try and win for you, sucks but that's reality and not ideal.

Your first step is evidence gathering in any lawsuit, then opinions from other professionals (Orthodontists), then you have to prove a cause and effect, such that if you had the surgery done, it would improve your health (and aesthetics since Orthodontists address both  and referral for surgery).

someone

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 05:40:48 PM »
Hmm, if I smashed up my orbital wall/cheekbones with a claw hammer or something blunt, would surgeons carry out a lefort 3 on me?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 05:44:43 PM »
Hmm, if I smashed up my orbital wall/cheekbones with a claw hammer or something blunt, would surgeons carry out a lefort 3 on me?
He would repair it to what it was like before.

Lefortitude

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 08:04:35 PM »
nah professionals usually have immunity against cases like this.

also you sound like u need to see a psychiatrist.

in the mean time call up sinn and fly to texas for a consult.  if its that big of an issue and its real, get it fixed instead of cursing at your mother on an online forum full of strangers.

someone

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 02:58:42 AM »
Nah definitely not posting any pics, probably would if I got a lefort 3 and it turned out really good. I just am not comfortable with ever posting my pics on anything. Literally, everything on my face is asymmetrical (I think I have hemifacial microsomia considering both of my jaws are both out of place, maxilla is to one side and the lower jaw is to the other). I also believe I have dish-face deformity considering my face goes down in a straight line (and is a bit recessed in most areas and very uneven). The biggest thing that annoys me is how some people are attempting to say I have BDD, when I clearly don't considering my concerns are all very real, maybe not as bad as I make it out to be, but they're enough for me to be considered retarded-looking. Literally in school teachers treated me like I was retarded (except the good ones) and purposely removed me from their classes each year because they're c*nts and are the main reason I left school and don't do nothing now. I look like that lefort 3 girl but with a massive infra-orbital deficiency and my face is more recessed around the nose area.

I believe 95% of my problems are to do with the way I look, not the way I act or whatever, something my family cannot fathom or refuse to understand/accept. I don't believe seeing a therapist or something similar will do me much good until I get my functional and aesthetic issues solved first, and if anyone is wondering; I am 16 years old at the moment. Love the way how when I was 13/14 I had positive canthal tilt and really strong infraorbital area, now my eyes are hollow/gaunt and I have negative canthal tilt. It's f**king ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:19:22 AM by someone »

UnderMunch

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 08:10:14 AM »
Judging by your unproductive and hostile attitude, I'd recommend an attitude adjustment before you proceed with any surgeries.

You being horribly ugly doesn't justify any of the nonsense you write here.

Get a hold of yourself for your own sake.

someone

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 08:43:27 AM »
I'm assuming you're someone who probably has a tiny overbite and/or infraorbital deficiency and is trying to tell people with actual deformities to "Get a hold of themselves."? Honestly, you can't really make judgements or statements like that without living with an underbite has a white person. A lot of the people I see with underbites on forums are of color, and therefor it is kind of expected and normal. I have an underbite due to a facial injury I recieved when I was 5 because an ADHD kid pushed me into a wall and smashed my face open. Two years later I was dropkicked and broke my nose (which probably caused the hollowing). I know I am a bit mentally unstable, but it's not like I'm violent to myself or others, I want to get better (which I am doing at the moment), and luckily I am relatively young, so it's not too bad. I don't even know how I'm going so off topic here, I suppose I've never really had an outlet for anything until signing up on these forums.

UnderMunch

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2017, 10:40:10 AM »
I'm assuming you're someone who probably has a tiny overbite and/or infraorbital deficiency and is trying to tell people with actual deformities to "Get a hold of themselves."? Honestly, you can't really make judgements or statements like that without living with an underbite has a white person. A lot of the people I see with underbites on forums are of color, and therefor it is kind of expected and normal. I have an underbite due to a facial injury I recieved when I was 5 because an ADHD kid pushed me into a wall and smashed my face open. Two years later I was dropkicked and broke my nose (which probably caused the hollowing). I know I am a bit mentally unstable, but it's not like I'm violent to myself or others, I want to get better (which I am doing at the moment), and luckily I am relatively young, so it's not too bad. I don't even know how I'm going so off topic here, I suppose I've never really had an outlet for anything until signing up on these forums.

Sure, I got that part. I'm really just trying to make it clear to you that people will react negatively and eventually ban you from this forum if you can't keep your composure.

You're also not going to get a lot of info or help from anyone in here if you come across unstable and aggressive.

On the contrary, the things you've written actually aren't off limits; it's completely okay to vent and be angry here. You should just start the post in the "emotional support" section next time. That's the place where people rant.

But if you legitimately want to discuss something or have questions, then post in all the other sections.

Furthermore, I would never suggest that your struggles aren't real because I have no way of knowing what you actually look like.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:49:29 AM by UnderMunch »