Author Topic: Will my soft tissues adjust to new bone position within 5y ?  (Read 1308 times)

Rico

Hello

As some of you know, I'm after surgery, when the surgeon badly repositioned my zygomatic bone after overlooked fracture on my right side.
It's positioned at least 2mm too wide and at least 1mm to much forward comparing to its original position.
Hence the error totals at least 3mm.

Originally, my right side is a bit less developed (significantly, but I liked it).
The surgeon, without my clearance, aligned my affected bone to the one on the other side which is more developed.

Now my zygoma with masseter sticks out too much. Other soft tissues were programmed for less prominent cheekbone
Not enough soft tissue under the zygoma. It's visible especially when I open my mouth.

Look at the pictures. There is no significant masseter hypertrophy, the right masseter on scans seems to be only 1mm more thick

will that soft tissue line under the zygoma change and will be more similar to what I have on the other side..or it will never change ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lestat

Re: Will my soft tissues adjust to new bone position within 5y ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 06:45:25 AM »
There is nothing wrong with you Rico. ::)

Bowie

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 07:35:43 AM »
There is nothing wrong with you Rico. ::)

You're being too kind... Rico needs help  :(

Rico

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 08:38:09 AM »
this is not answer to my question

Lestat

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 09:50:58 AM »
this is not answer to my question

In your case I would contact this surgeon:
http://santhonywolfemd.com
He probably did the most Lefort 3's after Tessier and Kawamoto  :o and is the number one expert in his field.
I have never seen surgeons recommending other surgeons on realself before: https://www.realself.com/question/orlando-fl-zygomatic-malar-osteotomy
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:04:39 AM by Lestat »

Rico

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 10:21:11 AM »
In your case I would contact this surgeon:
http://santhonywolfemd.com
He probably did the most Lefort 3's after Tessier and Kawamoto  :o and is the number one expert in his field.
I have never seen surgeons recommending other surgeons on realself before: https://www.realself.com/question/orlando-fl-zygomatic-malar-osteotomy

thx, but there is written he is only plastic surgeon..??

Lestat

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 10:49:05 AM »
thx, but there is written he is only plastic surgeon..??

"S. Anthony Wolfe, M.D. is Director of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Miami Children’s Hospital, and Director of an ACGME accredited Craniofacial Fellowship that has trained over 60 fellows. Dr. Wolfe graduated from Harvard Medical School and completed a General Surgery Residency at The Peter Bent Brigham Hospital under Francis 0. Moore. He then went through a Plastic Surgery Residency at the University of Miami under D. Ralph Millard, Jr., M.D. Following this, he spent a year as Assistant to Paul Tessier, in Paris, and then returned to Miami to go into practice with Dr. Millard."

Rico

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 11:20:21 AM »
yes i see, but when i go into gallery no single picture of that procedure..just all plastic thinkgs...anyway I will ask him