Author Topic: Inner cheek soreness  (Read 609 times)

Barrej10

Inner cheek soreness
« on: June 19, 2017, 03:47:30 PM »
Hi guys.

So I'm 6 days into recovery from surgery on my bottom jaw (sorry I do not know the specific name of the surgery, let me know if finding that out could help my post)

I'm doing okay but I'm specifically worried about one aspect. On the right side of my mouth, on my inner cheek, my teeth have clamped over a portion of my skin. I didn't notice it until recently as I haven't been exploring my mouth very much, but now I'm out of hospital and no longer have their painkillers constantly helping me, I've noticed it's hurting quite a bit. I've regained some control over my tongue and have felt it lightly and it's as if my cheeks have swelled out during surgery, and this section has been clamped down by my molars. It has stayed that way, and while I am still very swollen, when I open my mouth slightly I realise my teeth are constantly biting down on this one section of my mouth. It's causing me quite a lot of discomfort and I was wondering if this is a common occupancy and it will subside eventually, or is it something more serious?