Author Topic: Tongue  (Read 974 times)

Duncanm383

Tongue
« on: June 20, 2017, 06:36:57 PM »
Has anyone had altered sensations on part of their tongue after surgery? I have a cotton mouth, salty taste on the right side of my tongue and hoping it will get back to normal. I'm 9 weeks out. Thanks!

XXRyanXXL

Re: Tongue
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 07:16:17 PM »
initially on the sides of my tongue I had no sensations, but it abated after 6 weeks.
Now I'm having dead feelings on roof of my mouth, because the 3 piece le fort I. I can't even describe the sensation, it's a mix between a metallic and sour-patch kid and dryness at same time.

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 11:24:25 AM »
initially on the sides of my tongue I had no sensations, but it abated after 6 weeks.
Now I'm having dead feelings on roof of my mouth, because the 3 piece le fort I. I can't even describe the sensation, it's a mix between a metallic and sour-patch kid and dryness at same time.

Hypothetically if the sensations and funny taste didnt go away would it be possible to live with without going nuts?
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

ditterbo

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 03:48:32 PM »
Hypothetically if the sensations and funny taste didnt go away would it be possible to live with without going nuts?

Any irritating complication takes something like 3 years to get over, generally speaking.