Author Topic: I'm having HA granules done on infraorbital rims, cheekbones and zygomatic arch  (Read 9765 times)

dervyx

So I'm having this done in 6 weeks. It will be done in one surgery. During my consultations surgeon said it can provide any augmentation needed and will be placed high along those areas in smooth flow.

Will report back with results.

Milli_Meters

Good luck

&

Thanks.

A-V-P

So I'm having this done in 6 weeks. It will be done in one surgery. During my consultations surgeon said it can provide any augmentation needed and will be placed high along those areas in smooth flow.

Thank's for sharing this information.
I look forward to your report.

Wonder how long does it take for the swelling to get down for this sort of surgery?
Is this procedure something that has been done for a long time or is it something new?
Here is what Dr Timothy J Marten MD of marten clinic of plastic surgery did to me and something more:
https://imgur.com/a/JdEFR

https://timothyjmartenplasticsurgeonbadexperience.wordpress.com/blog/

https://bad-experience-timothy-marten-md.tumblr.com/

Bowie

Good luck, hope you get a great result

Lestat

Thank you for sharing this information.
I am interested too. Can you please tell me the name of your surgeon? Is it the belgian guy?

To be honest, I am a bit pessimistic of HA, anyway whatever augmentation I have, I want the shapes to be severe, brutal, angular and powerful, HA can't do that, or am I wrong?!

dervyx

Thank's for sharing this information.
I look forward to your report.

Wonder how long does it take for the swelling to get down for this sort of surgery?
Is this procedure something that has been done for a long time or is it something new?

My surgeon said most of the swelling should be gone within 2 weeks although some minor swelling may remain for further 4 weeks.

I am interested too. Can you please tell me the name of your surgeon? Is it the belgian guy?

To be honest, I am a bit pessimistic of HA, anyway whatever augmentation I have, I want the shapes to be severe, brutal, angular and powerful, HA can't do that, or am I wrong?!

It's not a very well known surgeon on online forums but I'd rather not say who it is until after surgery. and to answer your question, I don't know if HA can provide angular definition, I will know in 6 eweeks.

Question to more knowledgable members, is hydroxyapatite easy or difficult to remove after it's been a while? (I didn't want to ask this my surgeon as it would look as I doubt him)

jawline

Good luck with the surgery, hope you get the results you're after. In regards to removal after a certain amount of time, I'm no expert but thought i'd share this as I came across it on realself, seems the guy never got any answers but he says that he was told it integrates and leaves damage and uneven surface from removal.

https://www.realself.com/question/east-texas-pa-cheek-implant-removal-hydroxyapatite

UnderMunch

What are HA granules exactly?

dervyx

Interesting study in regards to HA bone resorption:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2906722/

"The areas of skeletal augmentation included the prejowl region over the mandible (10), zygomaticomaxillary (10), and pyriform (4) regions. The average volume of hydroxyapatite granule mixture placed at each site was 1.6 ml (range = 0.4–3.5 ml). The radiological evaluation showed that 99.7% of the hydroxyapatite augmentation was maintained at 2 years when compared to the 3-month baseline measurements. The t test showed no statistical difference. There was no radiographic evidence of soft tissue atrophy or native bone resorption on the 1- and 2-year scans. Overall projection (bony and soft tissue) was maintained at the 2-year follow-up."

Milli_Meters

Thought you were sold on the ZSO. Any revision there?

Lestat

Thought you were sold on the ZSO. Any revision there?

No. But: zso+ha granules+fat transfer=high cheekbones.

Milli_Meters

No. But: zso+ha granules+fat transfer=high cheekbones.
8)

Have  a similar plot myself. Looking into Restylene + zso atm.

Lazlo

• Private

really excited about this, good luck and can't wait to hear you report back!

PloskoPlus

I'm not a doctor, so feel free to ignore this, but I think you'll just look puffy afterwards. And AFAIK HA can't be removed and no implants maybe be placed over it later.

Lazlo

• Private
I especially interested to see if it can make a positive difference on the zygomatic arch and orbital rim.