Author Topic: I'm having HA granules done on infraorbital rims, cheekbones and zygomatic arch  (Read 9762 times)

Lestat

8)

Have  a similar plot myself. Looking into Restylene + zso atm.

Restylane is not permanent. Resorbable fillers are s**t imo, waste of time and money.

Lestat

really excited about this, good luck and can't wait to hear you report back!

Me too! Please dont be the next g&b.

Lestat

I especially interested to see if it can make a positive difference on the zygomatic arch and orbital rim.

Thats the point. I have heard Triaca used Bio Oss for orbital rim augmentation. Results were not satisfactory.

jawline

Is this different or similar to what A&G do with HA? From their website:

Cosmetic
HARD TISSUE GRAFTS
In combination with orthognathic surgery, additional cosmetic procedures are necessary in order to achieve facial balance. In complete maxillary hypoplasia the high midface (malar eminence and orbital rims) lacks anterioposterior projection and requires the placement of implants. As described in Educational Materials: Surgical Techniques, a combination of Biomet’s Interpore 200 HA granules and Avitene collagen are mixed in sterile saline. The resultant putty is shaped and cured under a heat lamp. The implants provide projection and contour and are post-surgically adjustable for up to 6 weeks. The same technique can be used to provide vertical length at the mandibular angles for condylar resorption patients.

https://www.arnettgunson.com/technologies/

Lefortitude

its basically impossible to remove, but can be shaved down just like overly prominent bone can.  think kylie jenner before and after having her jaw shaved down.  The level of osseointegration in HA paste is better than any other alloplastic material AFAIK.

It dosnt work for the jaw cuz the granules migrate, but for the midface its very promising.  my understanding was that only small augmentations can be made successfully? perhaps this is untrue.

I think the puffyness plosko is refering to is the residual swelling.  the granules are rough and irritate the periostium for quite some time, from what ive seen from gunsons patients.

Milli_Meters

Restylane is not permanent. Resorbable fillers are s**t imo, waste of time and money.

Well I cud be wrong but ive been told with each application certain residue solidifies and becomes "permanent" so after multiple applications it could deliver. I am doing research but my zygos are ok. I just want some more projection and I think Zso + Restylene could work. I am not interested in HA as of now.

Lazlo

• Private
Well I cud be wrong but ive been told with each application certain residue solidifies and becomes "permanent" so after multiple applications it could deliver. I am doing research but my zygos are ok. I just want some more projection and I think Zso + Restylene could work. I am not interested in HA as of now.

yeah i've heard this too, after multiple applications over years you get a hardness in that area, which for a guy i'm assuming would look good?

Milli_Meters

Well if the applications have been cosmetically appropriate and the subsequent residual hardness/augment is local to that original site , I reckon so. I am looking more into it.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 11:13:07 PM by Milli_Meters »

Bowie

I get using Restylane to test if augmenting an area would look good but it makes no sense, practically or financially, to keep using it in the hope that there will be hardened deposits that build up over years vs just using the permanent ha paste.

Lazlo

• Private
I get using Restylane to test if augmenting an area would look good but it makes no sense, practically or financially, to keep using it in the hope that there will be hardened deposits that build up over years vs just using the permanent ha paste.

permanent ha paste is something totally different and doesn't augment as well as the injectable filler

PloskoPlus

For testing surgeons can also inject water.

Lestat

So I'm having this done in 6 weeks. It will be done in one surgery. During my consultations surgeon said it can provide any augmentation needed and will be placed high along those areas in smooth flow.

Will report back with results.

6 weeks are over! 8)

Lestat

6 weeks are over! 8)

Come on man we are waiting! :P

slysurfz

• Private
So I'm having this done in 6 weeks. It will be done in one surgery. During my consultations surgeon said it can provide any augmentation needed and will be placed high along those areas in smooth flow.

Will report back with results.

Dervyx , is this a patience test , we are failing miserably.. Hope everything went swimmingly with the surgery and we are gonna see some jaw-dropping results

dervyx

Sorry for the late reply but I've decided not to go ahead with the surgery after seeing some of the results in doctors office. Submalar area is as far as ha paste can reach unfortunately and it's not the look I was after. Although for a female I would definitely recommend this doc and a procedures I was proposed with.