Author Topic: Consultation Guide: Rhinoplasty Questions  (Read 3627 times)

Austinou88

Consultation Guide: Rhinoplasty Questions
« on: June 24, 2017, 07:31:58 PM »
Ending up with a bad rhinoplasty result sucks!
Made this form that includes a lot of great, important questions to ask at your consultation.

This covers basically everything you need to know, and can be used for really any surgery in general!

Also attached is a basic guide covering simple steps when considering any surgery.
Helpful for anyone or those just starting out! Feel free to share.

You can see it here: http://imgur.com/a/H8E7a
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:09:56 PM by Austinou88 »

Milli_Meters

Re: Top Rhinoplasty Questions to ask
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:34:39 PM »
Thank u.

Austinou88

Re: Top Rhinoplasty Questions to ask
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 07:38:13 PM »
No prob.  :)

XXRyanXXL

Re: Consultation Guide: Top Rhinoplasty Questions
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 09:26:13 AM »
I had a rhinoplasty 7 years ago. It was successful, anyone feel free to PM me if they have specific questions on the former patient side of this. I usually find that a surgeon can advertise or inform the patient of an ideal result, and that's far fetched from reality and actual results.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »
great work.

honestly it's the most unpredictable operation everr.

I would only ever go with Dean toriumi. I don't believe one word of the negative criticisms. i've looked at these issues carefully and the guy is a genius.

Austinou88

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 09:58:40 PM »
I did a lot of research when choosing my Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

He's published text books with Gunter (who was one of the best Rhinoplasty surgeons in the world before retiring).

So research your doctor well!

Austinou88

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 09:59:57 PM »
great work.

I would only ever go with Dean toriumi. I don't believe one word of the negative criticisms. i've looked at these issues carefully and the guy is a genius.

There's also other very skilled Rhinoplasty surgeons too (especially in Texas). 
If you had a good experience though, thats awesome!  :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:06:59 PM by Austinou88 »

Milli_Meters

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 09:36:30 AM »
great work.

Dean's prices seem outrageous unless I have been given bad info.

Austinou88

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 10:20:12 AM »
Dean's prices seem outrageous unless I have been given bad info.

My Rhinoplasty was around $9,000.
Was reasonable because I knew having an expert doing it would be best.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:07:08 PM by Austinou88 »

Milli_Meters

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 10:46:19 AM »
Good North American price.  Dean's price is thrice of that apparently. Rizk too.

No thanks. Unless one is a complex/revision case those prices are nuts. Very good American surgeons charge less than 12 k.

Austinou88

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 11:04:58 AM »
Good North American price.  Dean's price is thrice of that apparently. Rizk too.

No thanks. Unless one is a complex/revision case those prices are nuts. Very good American surgeons charge less than 12 k.

Now that's just absurd if it's twice that!
But if it's for a revision, then yeah it's going to be costly $$!

I recommend seeking out surgeons that do "open-rhinoplasty's" if someone has a case that's difficult/want a more refined tip.
Also, I recommend looking into Jaw Surgery before Rhinoplasty, chance's are that Jaw Surgery could make things look better/balanced.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:07:17 PM by Austinou88 »

girl

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 03:40:51 PM »
Fundamentally, the purpose of a nose job to make you look more attractive. Nobody cares about uneven nostrils, asymmetries etc. unless the nose as a whole is detracting from your looks.

Doctors who do "beautifying" nose jobs are rare. But this is what you need to find. If your nose is beautiful but doesn't fit your face, you will never look good. If it's a bit dodgy but the perfect size and shape, you will look prettier/more handsome.

Paying 40k for a misshapen lump of rib between your eyes is not rational. The US is a bit of a con when it comes to nose jobs and I don't believe their "societies" are anything more than a Masonic brunch group.

Sod the questions sheet. It will help you feel like you've 'done your research' but your eyesight, intuition and the surgeon's design/input are far more important.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 04:24:18 PM »
Fundamentally, the purpose of a nose job to make you look more attractive. Nobody cares about uneven nostrils, asymmetries etc. unless the nose as a whole is detracting from your looks.

Doctors who do "beautifying" nose jobs are rare. But this is what you need to find. If your nose is beautiful but doesn't fit your face, you will never look good. If it's a bit dodgy but the perfect size and shape, you will look prettier/more handsome.

Paying 40k for a misshapen lump of rib between your eyes is not rational. The US is a bit of a con when it comes to nose jobs and I don't believe their "societies" are anything more than a Masonic brunch group.

Sod the questions sheet. It will help you feel like you've 'done your research' but your eyesight, intuition and the surgeon's design/input are far more important.
What do you think of Frankel? Fwiw all the big names have scathing reviews.

girl

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 01:04:46 PM »
I've never spoken to anyone who's had surgery with him. But Realself feedback of late has been negative. This guy's nose is wide and upturned: https://www.realself.com/review/beverly-hills-ca-rhinoplasty-revision-dr-frankel-extremely-disappointing

What do you think of Frankel? Fwiw all the big names have scathing reviews.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
Trust me, if you want to actually go with someone who knows his s**t go with Dean Toriumi.

Its true, open rhinoplasty is the way to go. But do you know how visible a columnallar scar is?????
It's f**king HORRENDOUS!!!!

You know why Toriumi's patients have almost no scar show? He spends a lot of time doing a very very careful stitching of the scar. It's all these little things that makes a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference. Toriumi is like Gunson and Arnett when it comes to rhinoplasty. He has these stages and checks and factors that he goes through like a f**king OCD on adderoll to f**king make things right. I would ONLY go with Toriumi. Yeah you'll save money elswhere but what does it matter when you'll have to get things done twice????? Just like I wish I had gone with Arnett, I won't make the same mistake again. I'm going with Toriumi for rhino.