Author Topic: I had fat transfer 2 weeks ago...  (Read 5579 times)

mehdreamer

I had fat transfer 2 weeks ago...
« on: June 28, 2017, 02:46:18 AM »
In my under eye and zygos..

This is the before picture. I will not post the after picture now as I am still a bit swollen. Maybe in a week or two.

https://fi.realself.com/full/b1d530cdd856b2aa335c792d387b50bc/b/6/1/userimage-2373556.png

I posted a while ago. I was hesitating between betwwen medpor/Ha paste and Fat tranfer. I finally opted for the later.

So far, so good. Still a bit swollen with few bruises remains...

My NCT is still there.I was hoping for a miracle. The doc was honest and told me it won't fix your NCT.

My sceleral show is better..the eyelids are elevated by 1 mm. Still not ideal but a bit better. The droopy appearance is till there..but less.

My buggy eyes are gone..now when I squinch, It looks more natural. I don't have the impression that my eyes are gonna explode from my orbitals.

My cheekbones are a bit better. More laterally projected but still not ideal. I don't know, maybe I had unreasonable expectations..

Lestat

Re: I had fat transfer 2 weeks ago...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 04:44:09 AM »
Hi!  :D I am Lestat 2nd.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
I myself am interested in getting a fat transfer for cheek augmentation.
Can you please tell me who was your surgeon? I am just curious. Did he tell you if the final result is permanent (the fat that survives the process)? Thanks.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 12:18:57 PM »
Hey thanks for sharing. You look good in your before so you don't have much to improve. You already have an overall slayer appearance. But yes I see your depression on either side and eyes would make you gorgeous. Have you thought about going to see Dr. Taban for canthoplasty? Please do share your after results after a month or so as I'm considering this procedure as well. And especially 3/4 before and afters would really be able to give us an idea. Good luck.

earl25

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 01:02:11 PM »
In my under eye and zygos..

This is the before picture. I will not post the after picture now as I am still a bit swollen. Maybe in a week or two.

https://fi.realself.com/full/b1d530cdd856b2aa335c792d387b50bc/b/6/1/userimage-2373556.png

I posted a while ago. I was hesitating between betwwen medpor/Ha paste and Fat tranfer. I finally opted for the later.

So far, so good. Still a bit swollen with few bruises remains...

My NCT is still there.I was hoping for a miracle. The doc was honest and told me it won't fix your NCT.

My sceleral show is better..the eyelids are elevated by 1 mm. Still not ideal but a bit better. The droopy appearance is till there..but less.

My buggy eyes are gone..now when I squinch, It looks more natural. I don't have the impression that my eyes are gonna explode from my orbitals.

My cheekbones are a bit better. More laterally projected but still not ideal. I don't know, maybe I had unreasonable expectations..

U look good in the before. Which doctor did ypu use

mehdreamer

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 05:35:11 AM »
Hey thanks for sharing. You look good in your before so you don't have much to improve. You already have an overall slayer appearance. But yes I see your depression on either side and eyes would make you gorgeous. Have you thought about going to see Dr. Taban for canthoplasty? Please do share your after results after a month or so as I'm considering this procedure as well. And especially 3/4 before and afters would really be able to give us an idea. Good luck.

Hey, thanks.
Yes I skyped with him. Money and job are the issue as I have to travel to the US..and get a longer holiday.

I'll post updates soon.

Lestat

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 04:21:22 AM »
I saw a topic a while ago about the best fat transfer surgeons in Europe. Can't find it back  :( . Who are the best fat transfer surgeons in Europe?

I have never seen that topic.

The best european surgeons for fat transfer are without any doubt L.Clauser and K.Überreiter.
The best fat transfer surgeons in the world are S.Coleman, S.Lam, A.Kornstein and St.Cohen.

Lefortitude

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »
I have never seen that topic.

The best european surgeons for fat transfer are without any doubt L.Clauser and K.Überreiter.
The best fat transfer surgeons in the world are S.Coleman, S.Lam, A.Kornstein and St.Cohen.

You sir, are a wealth of information. 

Im considering this procedure as well for labiomento fold reduction.  It seems to be that fat needs to take to the local blood supply, and the ammount that takes is unpredictable.  Dont be too upset if you need a second round to correct asymetry!

Bobbit

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 02:39:25 PM »

And the sample size of each of the data sets for the studies that support that "without any doubt" set of conclusions is . . .  again,  how many patients ? 

Lestat

Lestat

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 12:00:53 AM »
And the sample size of each of the data sets for the studies that support that "without any doubt" set of conclusions is . . .  again,  how many patients ?

Listen. I did tons of research. The surgeons i have mentioned did and are still performing pioneeric work in the field of structural fat grafting. I even had appointments and/or skype consultations with some of them.
Maybe we can add Raffaini to my list.
If you know better surgeons please let me know. And use the google search function first.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:55:36 AM by LESTAT II »

XXRyanXXL

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 02:58:31 PM »
Anyone know the long term stability of fat transfers?
From my knowledge, fat transfer to any part of the body is open to re-absorption into the bloodstream and could appear like ripples underneath the tissue.

Bobbit

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 03:08:01 PM »
Anyone know the long term stability of fat transfers?
From my knowledge, fat transfer to any part of the body is open to re-absorption into the bloodstream and could appear like ripples underneath the tissue.

That is not the biology of the process.

The transferred fat - -  either is  "absorbed" by the body as dead tissue,  or the transferred cells interact with the blood supply to secure oxygen and metabolism,  in which case they survive and periodically undergo cell division just like they did in their original host site in the body.

The percentage of the fat cells that "take" and then remain and undergo normal cell metabolism at the implanted site depends on the following:

1) How the cells were "handled" and processed when they were harvested;
             2) Where they are implanted and the condition of that local blood supply in the new host tissue;
             3) The skill & experience of the surgeon doing 1 & 2.

Done right,  more than 50% of the implanted cells will typically survive.   Maybe 70% at most.

This is no different than transplanting any other human part - -   if the transplanted tissue gets a blood supply and is not "rejected" as a foreign body,  then it will survive.

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »
http://www.facesplus.com/procedure/plastic-surgery/face/facial-fat-grafting/

He does mod.lefort 3 too. Always read my new threads! :P
http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php?topic=6659.0

I consulted about the LF3 on "non-syndrome patients" you alluded to way back.

This f**ker is a liar. After months of back and forth, his assistant begging me to fly in, they finally admitted they had no intention of performing a Mod LF 3 or even Bimax. They wanted me to fly down there so they could tell that to my face. What a joke.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 04:27:14 PM »
I consulted about the LF3 on "non-syndrome patients" you alluded to way back.

This f**ker is a liar. After months of back and forth, his assistant begging me to fly in, they finally admitted they had no intention of performing a Mod LF 3 or even Bimax. They wanted me to fly down there so they could tell that to my face. What a joke.

yeah i f**king knew Steven Cohen was a liar when it came to MDLf3. First, Earl who had researched everyone never even heard of him, also I just have a spidey sense now when it comes to surgeons who are lying --(trust 99 percent all are telling somekind of lie).

Besides, he's not really a max fac. He may have done a few back in the day but now he just does cosmetic not plastic surgery and he's probably s**t at them. Only thing I might trust him with his fat grafting but you know he's a liar. so ....

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 11:51:22 PM »

yeah i f**king knew Steven Cohen was a liar when it came to MDLf3. First, Earl who had researched everyone never even heard of him, also I just have a spidey sense now when it comes to surgeons who are lying --(trust 99 percent all are telling somekind of lie).

Besides, he's not really a max fac. He may have done a few back in the day but now he just does cosmetic not plastic surgery and he's probably s**t at them. Only thing I might trust him with his fat grafting but you know he's a liar. so ....

Who would you trust more with fat on your face? This Cohen or the one in NYC? Can't be bothered to fly to the latter if (when it comes to the top >99th percentile of surgeons) they all do pretty much the same damn job.