Author Topic: I had fat transfer 2 weeks ago...  (Read 5574 times)

earl25

Re: I had fat transfer 2 weeks ago...
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 05:31:48 AM »
I consulted about the LF3 on "non-syndrome patients" you alluded to way back.

This f**ker is a liar. After months of back and forth, his assistant begging me to fly in, they finally admitted they had no intention of performing a Mod LF 3 or even Bimax. They wanted me to fly down there so they could tell that to my face. What a joke.

This was dr. cohen?

Im not surprised, i had a lot of experiances like this with dr when it comes to lf3

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 01:01:49 PM »
This was dr. cohen?

Im not surprised, i had a lot of experiances like this with dr when it comes to lf3

Yea. Took them 3 months to finally tell me. During that time they assured me i just need to come in for a consult first. I have all the emails. I kept pressing them until they gave up and said they would not perform a case on patients that are non-syndromic.

Unbelievable. Wouldn't even perform bimax while Gunson will.

XXRyanXXL

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 01:06:30 PM »
Bobbit

So your acceding  that around 50% of the fat transfer will be flushed away overtime, meaning the OP has to go back and get another fat transfer operation. Seems redundant to me, and there are no empirical studies on the long term rejection/survival ratio based on all external factors you presented.

Bobbit

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 06:11:46 PM »
Bobbit

So your acceding  that around 50% of the fat transfer will be flushed away overtime, meaning the OP has to go back and get another fat transfer operation. Seems redundant to me, and there are no empirical studies on the long term rejection/survival ratio based on all external factors you presented.

That is not the biology of the process.

The transferred fat - -  either is  "absorbed" by the body as dead tissue,  or the transferred cells interact with the blood supply to secure oxygen and metabolism,  in which case they survive and periodically undergo cell division just like they did in their original host site in the body.

The percentage of the fat cells that "take" and then remain and undergo normal cell metabolism at the implanted site depends on the following:

1) How the cells were "handled" and processed when they were harvested;
             2) Where they are implanted and the condition of that local blood supply in the new host tissue;
             3) The skill & experience of the surgeon doing 1 & 2.

Done right,  more than 50% of the implanted cells will typically survive.   Maybe 70% at most.

This is no different than transplanting any other human part - -   if the transplanted tissue gets a blood supply and is not "rejected" as a foreign body,  then it will survive.

Not "acceding" that 50% will be reabsorbed. Done right,  the long term "take" is more than 50%.  60-70% is not uncommon.

I do not understand the "redundant" criticism.  Most patients whose surgeons are skilled at fat grafting do not need to have a second procedure.

The reason is that the skilled surgeon will anticipate the normal loss of fat cell volume and compensate for that during the first surgery.

It is not "redundant" if one anticipates the possible need for a minor 2nd round as part of the original surgery plan.  Keep in mind that fat grafting is pretty low  on the "invasive" surgery scale.  Therefore,  a 2nd round is not like a bi-max revision.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 10:51:41 PM »
Report frrom 2014 on calcification, oil cysts and inflammatory responses frrom fat grafting. Note the doctor says the inflammatory response (i.e. cancer causing s**t) and calcification (so f**k you if done to the face) can continue to happen for "several years" after the procedure. I dunno, been reading A LOT of stuff about this on the web lately:

"The cyst wall consisted of innermost and outermost fibrous layers and intermediate tissue that contained the regular adipose portion, a degenerated adipose portion, and a fibrous area. Eggshell-like macrocalcifications were seen in the inner surface. Numerous inflammatory cells, mainly MAC2/CD206 anti-inflammatory M2 macrophages, were observed in the degenerated adipose portion. Oil cysts with a longer history showed more calcifications in the innermost layer and a larger fibrous area adjacent to the degenerated fat portion than those with a shorter history. These histopathologic findings and clinical computed tomographic images revealed that oil cysts continued to be inflammatory and calcifications continued to develop over several years."

earl25

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2017, 06:00:15 AM »
Yea. Took them 3 months to finally tell me. During that time they assured me i just need to come in for a consult first. I have all the emails. I kept pressing them until they gave up and said they would not perform a case on patients that are non-syndromic.

Unbelievable. Wouldn't even perform bimax while Gunson will.

yes i had this done tons of times to me during my lf3 search. did u have to go in person?

Lefort4Advancement

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2017, 01:56:44 PM »
yes i had this done tons of times to me during my lf3 search. did u have to go in person?

No. I had a feeling they'd do that so I kept it all to email.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2017, 03:39:44 PM »
No. I had a feeling they'd do that so I kept it all to email.
You don't look like an LF3 patient.  Anyway, he probably just wanted to get you into the office and suggest fat.

girl

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 04:12:29 AM »
I lipoed my botched fat grafting the other week. Lazlo is correct.

During the surgery, it was like trying to remove hardened plastic under my skin. I have large rocks of scar tissue and many strands that feel like beads. I felt the cannula go into these areas and attempt to suction them out but they're still there.

Also when they remove grafted fat, I discovered that a lot of it is not actually fat. It's blood and fluids that they inject beforehand. So it's very difficult to actually remove the fat that caused the problem... even more so when it scars and calcifies.

There's some improvement and the doctor is very good but my face is still going to be a problem. 

The newest type of fat grafting, nano fat, is much smoother than normal fat grafting. Case in point here: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/274349825_fig2_Fig-6-A-mock-injection-with-nanofat-upper-and-microfat-lower-Nanofat-could-make

Don't go to anyone who does traditional style fat grafting (big blobs injected and overfill - 95% of doctors do this) or even someone who divides up normal fat too much because this is very traumatic to the tissue (scarring). Also, the newer methods of fat processing decrease the size of the fat particles in advance of the procedure, making manual subdivision redundant. 

Also read Giovanni Botti's article here. He talks a lot of sense when it comes to fat grafts and HA, etc.: http://boletim.med.br/boletim_ingles/artigos_ver.php?id=239

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 04:20:38 PM »
I lipoed my botched fat grafting the other week. Lazlo is correct.

During the surgery, it was like trying to remove hardened plastic under my skin. I have large rocks of scar tissue and many strands that feel like beads. I felt the cannula go into these areas and attempt to suction them out but they're still there.

Also when they remove grafted fat, I discovered that a lot of it is not actually fat. It's blood and fluids that they inject beforehand. So it's very difficult to actually remove the fat that caused the problem... even more so when it scars and calcifies.

There's some improvement and the doctor is very good but my face is still going to be a problem. 

The newest type of fat grafting, nano fat, is much smoother than normal fat grafting. Case in point here: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/274349825_fig2_Fig-6-A-mock-injection-with-nanofat-upper-and-microfat-lower-Nanofat-could-make

Don't go to anyone who does traditional style fat grafting (big blobs injected and overfill - 95% of doctors do this) or even someone who divides up normal fat too much because this is very traumatic to the tissue (scarring). Also, the newer methods of fat processing decrease the size of the fat particles in advance of the procedure, making manual subdivision redundant. 

Also read Giovanni Botti's article here. He talks a lot of sense when it comes to fat grafts and HA, etc.: http://boletim.med.br/boletim_ingles/artigos_ver.php?id=239

Ragirlf thank you so much for this its very helpful. So I saw that Dr. COhen herre calls his method "microfat" and it seems that his CELUTION system is not "nanofat" grafting. Motherrf**ker.  Who do you know who does nanofat???

http://thefatexperts.com/experts/s-cohen/

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 04:29:26 PM »
But I have to say Dr. Cohen's method seems much better than this manual method which is also called "nanofatgrafting" I'm getting the feel nanofat might just be a BS marketing term.

This is someone who is making "nanofat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHwDR_NryGM

Whereas this celution system by COhen which is called MICROFAT seems better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPEXyYXpnws

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 04:35:09 PM »
Like I dunno, this seems better to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-eg5Aw9oUk