Author Topic: Anyone familiar with this DJS technology?  (Read 909 times)

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
Anyone familiar with this DJS technology?
« on: August 03, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »
Sonic Weld Technology

For bone grafting, a new technology has been developed which allows for a more predictable result while reducing the need to harvest a patient’s own bone. The sonic weld system combines cutting edge technology with resorbable implants to create a new era in guided bone regeneration. The sonic weld technique uses the thermoplastic properties of resorbable polymer pins and foil to create a stable three-dimensional barrier.  The membrane or “foil” is placed and ultrasonically welded in place to hold the volume of graft material. The increased rigidity increases the predictability of regenerating the desired bone volume. The pins and membrane resorb and disappear over time, which eliminates the need to remove them at a later date.
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Lefortitude

Re: Anyone familiar with this DJS technology?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 05:26:34 PM »
SOURCES ON THIS HOLY GRAIL

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:58:15 AM »
Holy Grail?  I really dont even understand what I was reading.  Its from a surgeon's website.  Hes located in the US.  I didnt link the page because I didnt want to break any rules.
The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

Lefortitude

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 05:52:16 PM »
From my understanding its like a scaffolding technology used in vivo, that is resorbed by the body and used to create a precice structure for the bone graft material to set in.   This would mean you could create exactly the shape you want via 3d printing and computer simulation, and use that to fit the graft material.