Author Topic: Anyone had surgery with Jamali, Antipov, Kasey Li, Sam Bobek or Arnett?  (Read 2260 times)

Jawbreaker

Hi there :) my names nicki. You guys all seem so smart and I don't even know where to start.

So my understanding is that retractive orthodontics can hinder upper maxilla jaw growth while the bottom jaw continues to grow (whereas non retractive ortho doesn't) regardless of whether it does or doesn't my maxilla isn't where it should be. You can see it in x rays, an ortho recommended jaw surgery and referred me to Sam bobek who I meet with in two weeks but I can't find any before and after pictures and I'm getting pretty freaked out. I'd rather have someone who is in network with blue shield of California (ppo) but it is my f**king face after all..

My problems are

Jaw pain
Difficulty chewing jerky & steak
Possibly related to my sleep issues? Which could also be related to my anxiety? Crazy how all of this s**t is connected

Aesthetically, my upper teeth don't show when at rest which bothers me and I think ages me. Majid Jamali seems to have a good grasp on fixing that which i think is super cool. Antipov looks great but I'm not crazy about his use of cheek implants. some of the patients that opted not to do cheek implants I think I actually looked better before surgery which freaks me out but Sam bobek and antipov are both in network with blue shield and the entire thing would be paid for. I would just have a $30 copay for the consultation

Here are some of my favorite cases from each but I feel like Jamali Wolford or arnett would be the best at creating a great aesthetic outcome but I really don't know
I've also heard kasey li is great but I can't find any before and after pictures

I really like that Majid Jamali seems like he could help out my upper lip into the correct spot while also helping suppport my sunken looking mid face (I'm 22)
If anybody has any advice for good in network surgeons through blue shield, please share! 

https://www.realself.com/find/New-York/New-York/Oral-&-Maxillofacial-Surgeon/Majid-Jamali#photo-1712445

https://www.realself.com/find/California/Roseville/Oral-&-Maxillofacial-Surgeon/Alexander-Antipov#photo-2419056

ahamis

I don't know about which one is better for your problem (orthognathic surgery).

But as far as cheek implants, I have seen many results in men looking like "chubby face".
I am still trying to find out which orthognathic surgeon really knows how to make cheek implants look good in men.
Cheek implants in men are very tricky.
Dr. Michael Yaremchuk is Boston seems to have experience with cheek implants with men. But he is not an orthognathic surgeon.