Author Topic: University of Cincinnati, OMS Deepak Krishnan, Dr. Robert Marciani, Eric Evans  (Read 1567 times)

XXRyanXXL

I had surgery done at the University of Cincinnati by Deepak Krishnan in late 2016.
I had a deep overbite, recessed chin, long face appearence due to higher than normal mandibular plane angle, occlusional angle, choking issues due to my reduced airway, my upper lip was deformed.
The Surgeon was very evasive to even wanting to touch the upper jaw. The Surgeon was not willing to share with me the proposed plane he had for me including the Virtual Surgical Planning, or the models of my teeth, I went into this surgery not knowing what they had planned for me, and after the surgery, it was absolutely horrific.
The Surgeon had made no plans on doing any type of CCW rotation as agreed upon, he enlarged my face by bringing out my lower jaw, gave me a massive chin to balance out the rest of the thirds of my enlarged face, I have no jawline, my face is even longer than before!!
This was confirmed on the post-op cephs, and photographs taken afterwards.
The Surgeon indicated to me he does not know how to perform CCW rotations, nor does he know how to do soft tissue correction, or even address any hyperdivergence. His solution to this was to make my face longer, and not even tell me this. He had all this planned out and did not tell me this was going to occur.
He wanted me to get 2nd opinions on the surgery, which I did, and even those who work closely around him concluded his work was sub-par. I looked up his credentials, and he's Board Certified. He even claimed he had the VSP reviewed by a higher up Surgeon, with more experience, and him, nor the Chairman, knew how to fix my condition.
I then continued to get more expert opinions, and even one professional telling me I got screwed, and that I look like I'm in the "pre-operative phase"
More opinons poured in, and they all gave me suitable treatment plans to fix my case, at which Point in time, the Surgeon was willing to read these opinions and talk to me. Once I submitted this to the Surgeon, and even alerting him I'm having serious health issues related to the Surgery including choking on my foods, the Surgeon indicated he would no longer talk to me. Typical treat 'em, and street them mentality.
People BE AWARE before you go to the University of Cincinnati. In my case, I ignored these red flags. GET THE VSP and make them review it with you! Do NOT let them change the procedure, get it in writing as in contract, so they can't alter the plan.

These are people who put there reputation over a patients care. I have followed this up with several actions, including a complaint to my state medical board and lawsuit for breach of contract.

I give him credit for the BSSO, but this did little to ignore my pre-existing condition, he had 3 months to prepare this surgery, and this seems like this VSP was created in a moment's notice, he didn't give a crap to put any work into a solution into my condition, and just executed this, then he doesn't even care to fix what he did wrong, nor does he want to learn, nor is he concerned that I'm choking on my foods, have hard  time sleeping, my airway is constricted, I have no jawline, my chin is like jay leno's, my upper lip is deformed, he doesn't know how to do soft-tissue correction. So many many red flags here, but I just wanted this done, and now I'm paying the price for not doing my research beforehand.

slysurfz

• Private
I am sorry that you did not get what you were looking for. The treatment you have received is horrendous. Its a shame nothing can be done to these butchers masquerading as surgeons.

There is so much discord in the surgical field. You can never get 2 surgeons with the same opinion. There is no way to find out all details about a surgeon beforehand. The only ones we can find are the famous ones and their fees are astronomical.