Author Topic: Small and Weak Jaw - Help and Advice Please  (Read 2811 times)

chrisj2002

Re: Small and Weak Jaw - Help and Advice Please
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 04:52:01 PM »
By the way GJ I do usually give my neck a good cleaning up to try and improve my false jawline look. I've put a few pics in the link below to illustrate. You'll most likely notice how in nearly every pic I'm pushing my lower jaw forward to look better. It'd be great if I didn't have to!

I've also put a few smiling pics in to show my teeth position in case it can help with any suggestions in regards to bimax etc:

http://m.imgur.com/a/60uH1

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Chris.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 05:01:04 PM »
Unless you have functional problems, don't bother.

Wheatsnax

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 10:22:53 PM »

Wheatsnax, prior to having my train track braces fitted (between the ages of 14-17) I did actually have to have 4 teeth removed (one upper left, one lower left, one upper right, one lower right). I may be wrong, but it may have been that they said I had too many teeth in my mouth. Do you think this has adversely affected my jaw position?

it will increase your lower third height by trapping the lower third and rotating it backwards since the upper teeth have been pulled in and back. it also creates a prominent chin due to the bottom teeth being pulled forward. so it looks like you actually have a balanced face in terms of thirds, but the recession is still there especially when you posture your neck like you did in the pictures

i would say decompensate your current bite and then evaluate your jaws relationship again.