Author Topic: Best surgeons who work with insurance?  (Read 1290 times)

toddstratt

Best surgeons who work with insurance?
« on: December 22, 2015, 11:27:44 PM »
I have been in the process of creating a list of doctors who would best be able to assist my double jaw surgery correction, while making the the payment for surgery as minimal as I can while finding if there is any possibility of insurance coverage, or doctors who work more with insurance. So far I had a consultation with Dr. Gunson of Santa Barbara who stated around 55k up front which I absolutely cannot finance at this point in my life, the other Dr, Dr. Relle of Los Angeles used to work out of Kaiser insurance, but has recently switched to private practice. He is offering a lot cheaper of an out of pocket fee then Dr. Gunson on average from my understanding though. The other thing I really want to look into is the type of surgeons and doctors who will work best with your facial structure and make sure that the surgery comes out as aesthetically as it should. Dr. Gunson is an expert in this regard, and fron what I heard so is Dr. Relle. However some less experienced I hear will sometimes set the jaw forward or fix the bite, without fixing adjacent abnormality structure issues and basically disregard the aesthetic side of things with the surgery. Anyways thanks for all your tips, I live in Los Angeles if that helps as well.

Jawbreaker

Re: Best surgeons who work with insurance?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 11:45:11 PM »
Hey :) my names nicki! Did you end up picking a surgeon and finding a decent payment plan? I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna afford all this too

XXRyanXXL

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 08:50:55 AM »
OP
There are a lot of advocates on here promoting Arnett & Gunson, the best of the best. That does not mean you can't find anyone in private practice who can obtain similar, if not better, results. If you DM me, I can give you the name of a good mom and pop shop with great results . Just do your research. Don't accept at face value what one surgeon may tell you, but share this with other surgeons on a proposed treatment plan. Look up there credentials, are they board certified? Look at your state's dental board, have they been disciplined in the past for any sub-standard of care? If the surgeon has documented results of there work, ask for them.
Go to your insurance and look up covered entities, then start calling around. Many surgeons will prepare what's called a Virtual Surgical Planning, as it assists the surgeon for the procedure, and this is some of the best documentation available and should be shared with your orthodontist, so it makes sense to you.

Austinou88

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 07:01:11 PM »
OP
There are a lot of advocates on here promoting Arnett & Gunson, the best of the best. That does not mean you can't find anyone in private practice who can obtain similar, if not better, results. If you DM me, I can give you the name of a good mom and pop shop with great results . Just do your research. Don't accept at face value what one surgeon may tell you, but share this with other surgeons on a proposed treatment plan. Look up there credentials, are they board certified? Look at your state's dental board, have they been disciplined in the past for any sub-standard of care? If the surgeon has documented results of there work, ask for them.
Go to your insurance and look up covered entities, then start calling around. Many surgeons will prepare what's called a Virtual Surgical Planning, as it assists the surgeon for the procedure, and this is some of the best documentation available and should be shared with your orthodontist, so it makes sense to you.

You know anything on Insurance regarding Tricare & Active Duty Military personnel?

I leave for USMC Boot Camp in a couple of weeks and haven't found out much information.
Except that the military usually sends you to a military doctor/hospital for coverage.