Author Topic: HA Paste Result  (Read 21558 times)

Bowie

Re: HA Paste Result
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2017, 07:24:45 AM »
I think the eye area doesn't gel with the new jaw position and fuller cheekbones so that's what makes it look slightly unnatural, still I think it's a fantastic result in terms of the jaw surgery, you couldn't hope for more.

The jawline looks slightly blurred on both photos, maybe it is photoshopped.

ahamis

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2017, 08:15:51 AM »
"I think the eye area doesn't gel with the new jaw position and fuller cheekbones so that's what makes it look slightly unnatural, still I think it's a fantastic result in terms of the jaw surgery, you couldn't hope for more.

The jawline looks slightly blurred on both photos, maybe it is photoshopped."

The doctor moved the jaws. He can't move the eyes.. Or make the eyes more distant from each other. Unfortunately, some people even think that this is safely possible...Maybe in 50 years from now...

Maybe, a filler in the infra orbital area would help; just a guess. I am now a plastic surgeon. But regarding the jaws per si, the focus of the treatment, they look pretty nice.

Unfortunately, cheek augmentation in men does not have good results, in general. I have searched MANY BEFORE/AFTER pictures from different plastic surgeons and the final results look like kind of feminine. That's apparently a  limitation of the technique.
It seems that there are anatomical limitations in putting the cheek implant/HA paste too high (at the border of the lower infraorbital bone). Correct me if I am wrong.

Hope it is not photoshopped. That would be so unethical!!!

ppsk

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2017, 08:26:09 AM »
"I think the eye area doesn't gel with the new jaw position and fuller cheekbones so that's what makes it look slightly unnatural, still I think it's a fantastic result in terms of the jaw surgery, you couldn't hope for more.

The jawline looks slightly blurred on both photos, maybe it is photoshopped."

The doctor moved the jaws. He can't move the eyes.. Or make the eyes more distant from each other. Unfortunately, some people even think that this is safely possible...Maybe in 50 years from now...

Maybe, a filler in the infra orbital area would help; just a guess. I am now a plastic surgeon. But regarding the jaws per si, the focus of the treatment, they look pretty nice.

Unfortunately, cheek augmentation in men does not have good results, in general. I have searched MANY BEFORE/AFTER pictures from different plastic surgeons and the final results look like kind of feminine. That's apparently a  limitation of the technique.
It seems that there are anatomical limitations in putting the cheek implant/HA paste too high (at the border of the lower infraorbital bone). Correct me if I am wrong.

Hope it is not photoshopped. That would be so unethical!!!

I believe cheek augmentation often look subpar because until recently, only off the shelf implants were used, and the off-the-shelf implant designs are all for the malar and submalar area.... chiefly they have too much augmentation in the submalar area.

To achieve good results you would have to have an implant custom made that wraps around the zygomatic arch and importantly augments the halfway point between the arch and the malar area. This is what would create an angular result as opposed to the typical "apple cheeks" result most silastic implants result in.

This can also be achieved via osteotomy, example:

Milli_Meters

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2017, 09:37:44 AM »
Hi PPSK

Are you sure the pic of the  lady you posted , that is a ZSO?

ppsk

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2017, 01:19:03 PM »
Hi PPSK

Are you sure the pic of the  lady you posted , that is a ZSO?

not sure at all. I've emailed the doctor, waiting on a response.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2017, 01:36:02 PM »

I believe cheek augmentation often look subpar because until recently, only off the shelf implants were used, and the off-the-shelf implant designs are all for the malar and submalar area.... chiefly they have too much augmentation in the submalar area.

To achieve good results you would have to have an implant custom made that wraps around the zygomatic arch and importantly augments the halfway point between the arch and the malar area. This is what would create an angular result as opposed to the typical "apple cheeks" result most silastic implants result in.

who is the doctor here? and what is this procedure?

kavan

• Global Moderator
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

ditterbo

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2017, 03:27:43 PM »
Good link, but I don't think his description really tells us what he did yet.  Would sure be interesting to know.

Bowie

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2017, 03:30:58 PM »
He's a plastic surgeon, probably filler.

Freeways

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2017, 03:32:51 PM »
The result in the OP is amazing. I see some say that he looks a bit weird, but I bet he looks great in motion.

Different angles and open mouth in the after (which stretches the skin and improves zygoma angularity).

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2017, 03:34:45 PM »
Good link, but I don't think his description really tells us what he did yet.  Would sure be interesting to know.

Correct. Not enough info to conclude zyg osteotomy.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2017, 04:09:02 PM »
Correct. Not enough info to conclude zyg osteotomy.

yeah doubt this was ostoetomy. but would be awesome if it were.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »
yeah doubt this was ostoetomy. but would be awesome if it were.

I'll shoot him an e mail from an MIT edu account to ask.  Will post if he responds.

ditterbo

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2017, 04:32:48 PM »
He's a plastic surgeon, probably filler.

I bet you're right.  If she was having an actual ZO wouldn't she be in a gown and s**t in the OR or recovery area.  This looks like she's in the doctor's big reclining chair grimacing from all the filler injections she just sat through.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2017, 05:00:38 PM »
I bet you're right.  If she was having an actual ZO wouldn't she be in a gown and s**t in the OR or recovery area.  This looks like she's in the doctor's big reclining chair grimacing from all the filler injections she just sat through.

The text below the photo, mentions she had surgery. Maybe the photo was taken when she was having something else done but after all healed from cheek surgery.