Author Topic: HA Paste Result  (Read 21338 times)

Lefortitude

Re: HA Paste Result
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 08:09:49 AM »
i understand the limits, i just dont think it looks good. Its too low and this seems to be one of those very "limitations" of cheekbone augmentation. Surgeons aren't idiots, surely there must be a reason no one ever seems to place augmentations up high near the orbital rim instead way down low on the base of the malar.

I think its positive to have differing opinions, and polarizing viewpoints on subjective topics such as facial cosmetics.  I think once the grafts fully consolidate and he gets some fillers for touch up, itl look great.  Maybe if the augmentation had the same upper endpoint but a higher lower endpoint it would look more "chisled". Idk im not an expert.  I do know you have to avoid the nerve formen. At the inferior orbital rim.

ditterbo

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 10:17:12 AM »
The dudes got a s**t starting point - long and narrow midface and close set eyes, like myself.  I'd say it's probably still an amazing improvement for him, so long as he's not suffering new TMJ or what have you. We don't have a head-on shot to consider here either. The slightly awkward augmentation from this angle probably look great head-on.

ExtractionsRuinFaces

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 12:05:43 PM »
Looks good for the current surgeries that are possible. Looks a little uncanny overall though, the lower two thirds of the face protrude too much relative to the forehead and eyes.

ditterbo

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 02:02:35 PM »
Looks good for the current surgeries that are possible. Looks a little uncanny overall though, the lower two thirds of the face protrude too much relative to the forehead and eyes.

Exactly but that's Gunson's style I believe.  His TVL goes past the forehead, and instead down the middle of your nose.

needadvancement

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »
If you block out the eye and brow area it is a spectacular result.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 06:30:20 PM »
If you block out the eye and brow area it is a spectacular result.
Very much this.  But I'm still not convinced by ha at all.

slysurfz

• Private
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 06:30:45 PM »
I think he looks amazing! Nitpickers will nitpick

ppsk

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 12:34:55 AM »
It's the eye area and nose that takes away from this fantastic result and makes you not notice how fantastic this result actually is. And the cheek paste is a bit too feminine positioned for my taste.

But look at the jawline!
Amazing.
If I had anything close to such a result with my costly chinwing I would have been thrilled.

I don't understand that everyone here keeps recommending chinwing. This result again makes me believe that if you need forward movement in the chin you're much better off  with bimax + genio. Unfortunately I'm really disappointed now if I compare the deep fold under my lower lip and the recession in that entire area to a perfect chin result as this result.
People here have touted the chinwing as cure all. I jumped on that bandwagon and now I regret it. How on earth am I going to solve this recession under the lip. And then I see such a result. Bimax + modest genio that is the way to go.

Splendid result this Gunson result.

the recommendation of the chin wing here has its genesis in stupidjaw's excellent results..

that was not the chin wing as it is normally performed (forward advancement) but rather vertical lengthening and lateral widening (however limited it may be).

It remains a good option for people with vertically short mandibles who dont want to use implants.

Lestat

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 03:35:33 AM »
It remains a good option for people with vertically short mandibles who dont want to use implants.

And for people with perfect bite it is the only option.

CCW

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 03:52:20 AM »
And for people with perfect bite it is the only option.
No, it's not. You can do CCW bimax even if your bite is fine. You just rotate the maxillo-mandibular complex as much as is necessary to achieve a Class I skeletal relationship, but the bite stays the same. Many sleep apnea patients have a seemingly perfect bite.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2017, 04:07:44 AM »
No, it's not. You can do CCW bimax even if your bite is fine. You just rotate the maxillo-mandibular complex as much as is necessary to achieve a Class I skeletal relationship, but the bite stays the same. Many sleep apnea patients have a seemingly perfect bite.
If your starting point is a normal bite, if the chin wing relapses/resorbs, you have largely aesthetic issues. If your CCW relapses, you have a bad bite. Having had a bad bite to begin with and now a good one, I would never go back to a bad bite. I can only imagine how it would feel to have a messed up bite coming from a good one.

Lestat

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2017, 04:14:49 AM »
If your starting point is a normal bite, if the chin wing relapses/resorbs, you have largely aesthetic issues. If your CCW relapses, you have a bad bite. Having had a bad bite to begin with and now a good one, I would never go back to a bad bite. I can only imagine how it would feel to have a messed up bite coming from a good one.

I understand what you mean but why should a chin wing relapse or resorb? Have you ever heard about that?

needadvancement

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2017, 04:28:06 AM »
It's the eye area and nose that takes away from this fantastic result and makes you not notice how fantastic this result actually is. And the cheek paste is a bit too feminine positioned for my taste.

But look at the jawline!
Amazing.
If I had anything close to such a result with my costly chinwing I would have been thrilled.

I don't understand that everyone here keeps recommending chinwing. This result again makes me believe that if you need forward movement in the chin you're much better off  with bimax + genio. Unfortunately I'm really disappointed now if I compare the deep fold under my lower lip and the recession in that entire area to a perfect chin result as this result.
People here have touted the chinwing as cure all. I jumped on that bandwagon and now I regret it. How on earth am I going to solve this recession under the lip. And then I see such a result. Bimax + modest genio that is the way to go.

Splendid result this Gunson result.

Have you tried filler in that area below your lower lip? I understand you would want something more permanent but it seems like a very easy solution and I'm curious.

Lestat

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2017, 10:28:10 AM »
And what did your surgeon say? Can he fix it or not? What does he recommend?

For God's sake get to the point!

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2017, 10:46:19 AM »
And what did your surgeon say? Can he fix it or not? What does he recommend?

For God's sake get to the point!

;D ;D ;D ;D