Author Topic: Opinions on Dr. K. Salyer  (Read 2553 times)

Lestat

Opinions on Dr. K. Salyer
« on: August 05, 2017, 01:10:37 AM »

Lestat

Re: Opinions on Dr. K. Salyer
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 06:23:45 AM »
Bump.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 11:50:57 AM »
tried a couple times to contact him no response. i think he may be retired.

Bowie

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
Dr K Salyer gives  Prof F Sailer a"lifetime achievement" award... you can bet your ass there was corruption involved with that.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 03:50:25 PM »
Dr K Salyer gives  Prof F Sailer a"lifetime achievement" award... you can bet your ass there was corruption involved with that.

wow.

oh there was definitely. i know people who lived at Sailer's home. they said he would pay people to throw awards parties for him where the award was totally fake but he'd invite all these rich old people so they'd get f**ked up Frankenstein surgery from him upon seeing the awards.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 03:51:42 PM »
just lol.

Bowie

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 03:55:01 PM »
You can see that Dr. K. Salyer is absolutely pissing himself thinking about the amount of money that he's probably been bribed to do that for.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 07:27:53 PM »
motherf**ker is in his 80s (Salyer) so I think too old and retired anyway.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 08:45:45 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again (IMO only, of course).  These syndromic "miracle workers" may just be the worst kind of surgeon for a non-syndromic adult (everyone on this forum). I think all that work they do with syndromic kids really affects their perception and attitude.  When the starting point is really really bad, anything they do makes the surgeon look like a hero - "close enough is good enough".  On a non-syndromic adult even 2 mms can throw the face off.  And kids heal like cats - you can stretch, bruise, even cut their nerves and they bounce back.  I would stick with surgeons who mainly deal with picky adults.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 08:50:36 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again (IMO only, of course).  These syndromic "miracle workers" may just be the worst kind of surgeon for a non-syndromic adult (everyone on this forum). I think all that work they do with syndromic kids really affects their perception and attitude.  When the starting point is really really bad, anything they do makes the surgeon look like a hero - "close enough is good enough".  On a non-syndromic adult even 2 mms can throw the face off.  And kids heal like cats - you can stretch, bruise, even cut their nerves and they bounce back.  I would stick with surgeons who mainly deal with picky adults.

Very good points.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 08:57:28 PM »
Very good points.
Well a craniofacial hero did my jaw surgery.  So I learnt this the hard way.

ppsk

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 10:41:37 PM »

yep.

Need to see a broad range of a surgeon's work too. Its actually a good sign when surgeons post people who are ugly before surgery and still ugly after IMO, it means they arent into the habit of bulls**tting.

Its very easy to get lofty/wrong expectations if the surgeon is only publishing people who were attractive before surgery and then surprise, are just slightly more attractive after.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 04:40:41 AM »

Legit. 

Bowie

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 05:16:21 AM »
Now the phrase "symmetry is overrated " makes sense.  ;D

MyTimeIsNow

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 02:56:38 AM »
For all the flack Sailer gets (probably deservedly), I know a guy who recently had a bimax with him and had excellent result. He was pretty good looking before and after he looks like a male model.