Author Topic: Jaw line: need for advise  (Read 8040 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Jaw line: need for advise
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 02:21:37 AM »
Brazilian guy is not 'bird's nest hair' guy although i did use the ceph of the latter to show another example of ANB angles with the cranial tipping.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL "bird's nest hair" guy omg I love you all I hope you know that.

BrazilianJaw

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 02:54:35 AM »
If you wanted a beautiful jaw line, you should have kept your wisdom.

Don't understand your point. In my case, the 3 wisdow teeth that I had fail do emerge.

Framboise

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 03:28:21 AM »
I still have a lower widom teeth, included on the left side.

The difference between my left and my right side is obvious. No jaw line on the right.

I don't know why but wisdom teeth create a lot of jaw bone. Removed them is a mistake, unless you have an infection or other REAL issue (not hypothetic)

Wheatsnax

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 11:13:37 AM »
i don't agree with cranial tipping being a measure. the guy in ceph A needs to be aligned more like ceph B for proper analysis. face is also clearly hyperdivergent

having a natural day to day dysfunctional neck posture has nothing to do with the "natural head posture" used for cephs other then the name

edit: the posture in ceph A is sheared forward and upwards, hence hiding the kyphosis. so it looks as if its not as simple as tipping the chin down

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 12:23:01 PM »
i don't agree with cranial tipping being a measure. the guy in ceph A needs to be aligned more like ceph B for proper analysis. face is also clearly hyperdivergent

having a natural day to day dysfunctional neck posture has nothing to do with the "natural head posture" used for cephs other then the name

edit: the posture in ceph A is sheared forward and upwards, hence hiding the kyphosis. so it looks as if its not as simple as tipping the chin down

The cranial tipping/orientation should be obvious to anyone who can observe the LINES I've drawn in to show it. Person's Head alignment is not a significant factor as to the cranial orientation that significantly differs from person A to B. The angle that the S-N line makes with the constructed horizontal (the angle between the blue and red lines) would not change if person 'A' tipped his head down more. Try having some 6th grade geometry under belt before you disagree with angle orientations that are clearly obvious.

Person A has an S-N orientation about 25 degrees from a constructed horizontal. Person B has an S-N approx 7 degrees from constructed horizont. 7 degrees away from a constructed horizont is considered the norm. But when the S-N line deviates significantly from a constructed horizont it will factor in significantly with most methods of analysis commonly used .

Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

BrazilianJaw

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 02:32:30 PM »
Hello everyone, my last year was really busy, so just now I was able to be consulted by the MaxFac that I wanted.

I asked him to try to simulate (Dolphin program) a genioplasty alone and a CCW, to compare both options.

- Genioplasty of 7 mm (most forward)

- Bimax: 4 mm forward in maxilla, total of 14 mm in pogonium advancement, with CCW

https://imgur.com/a/lpBQNVg

Photo 1: left genio after, right bimax sideview after
Photo 2: sideview before and after Genio
Photo 3: sideview before and after Bimax
Photo 4: 3/4 view of bimax

Costs of each surgery (approx): Genio: $1250. CCW: $3750.

I could go with surgery first approach if I want

My opinion: I really really like the profile of the Bimax, but the 3/4 view looks uncanny, mostly because I don’t have a great fat pad in the submalar region (creating a depression). Maybe the improve in profile is in part the nose hump reduction that will occur? Will genio + nose job be less invasive and have the same results?

I appreciate your opinion.

Thanks

fulcanelli

• Private
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 03:30:07 PM »
Do you have 3/4 view of the sg? I think the bimax simulation looks great

PloskoPlus

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 06:03:45 PM »
That's darn cheap for CCW and no question it looks better. The 3/4 profile looks good too. I do think you should have shaved for the photos.

Your chin bone is solid as it is, it looks terrible in the genio simulation.

Did he say how much the posterior of your maxilla would be down grafted and what graft material he would use?

BrazilianJaw

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2018, 07:36:28 AM »
That's darn cheap for CCW and no question it looks better. The 3/4 profile looks good too. I do think you should have shaved for the photos.

Your chin bone is solid as it is, it looks terrible in the genio simulation.

Did he say how much the posterior of your maxilla would be down grafted and what graft material he would use?

Hello Plosko, for us here in Brazil, this price is really not cheap. The people earn less, but the costs are lower too. Well, He didn’t mention any need for downgraft material, i think he wil not use anything. What do you think about the maxilla advancement of 4 mm, it’s ok?

Thanks,
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:12:43 AM by BrazilianJaw »

BrazilianJaw

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »
Do you have 3/4 view of the sg? I think the bimax simulation looks great

I will try to take more views of these mockups. I realize just now that i didn’t see the front view b/a

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2018, 06:16:11 AM »
3rd set showing the profile changes look good.More jaw to jaw balance is demonstrated in them than with just the genio. Nose contour and nose to lip angle is also improved.

BrazilianJaw

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2019, 02:11:50 PM »
Hello everyone,

I did my bimax CCW about 20 days ago, still a bit swollen in bottom lip, in malar areas and around the nose. First week was hell, but everything was fine after that.
Starting to like my new face just now, I liked the improvement in nose hump and in the lower third on the profile view. When the swelling goes down, I will do a B/A.

In front view I still notice how narrow my lower third is, although there has been some improvement too in this aspect. Intergonial distance is, as expected, still the same and I want to adress this issue now on

How should I proceed? Full jaw implants? Chin wing?

This mockup is possible to obtain?

https://imgur.com/a/Drjdr6o

Lestat

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2019, 05:41:20 AM »
If you wanted a beautiful jaw line, you should have kept your wisdom.

Is that really true?!
I would like to hear Kavans opinion if possible.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2019, 09:10:28 AM »
Is that really true?!
I would like to hear Kavans opinion if possible.

Lower wisdom teeth need to be removed if one is to have a BSSO . Also, if one has a small jaw AND the WT are impacted, infected which can happen because in small jaws there is not enough room for them, they would need to be removed. They don't need to be removed in people with larger jaws with plenty of room for the WT in cases where the WT are not making any problems, in which case that type of person probably doesn't need a BSSO.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2019, 11:00:12 AM »
Lower wisdom teeth need to be removed if one is to have a BSSO .

It's really up to the surgeon. I asked this specific questions and was told it was no problem unless something strange was found with the position of the wisdome teeth.