Author Topic: What an amazing result!  (Read 9769 times)

Lestat

What an amazing result!
« on: August 06, 2017, 03:43:55 AM »
This guy had double jaw surgery, cheek augmentation with ha granules and jaw angle augmentation with medpor implants.

http://www.facialsculptureclinic.com/en/case/jaw-surgery/cheekbone-augmentation/211/

What do you guys think?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: What an amazing result!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 04:26:46 PM »
i was wondering how they made his teeth look so good in the after. then i realized those are full out top and bottom dentures with plastic gums. i'm not that impressed with the result honestly. lens distortion counts for a lot. also if you got medpor implants how come the jaw angles aren't sharp and masculine. they just look super round and dull still. also, cheekbones are not masculine or sharp either. i mean it's "okay" but considering the guy had all his teeth pullled and now has a set of dentures i'm not super impressed.

ditterbo

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 10:09:16 PM »
i was wondering how they made his teeth look so good in the after. then i realized those are full out top and bottom dentures with plastic gums. i'm not that impressed with the result honestly. lens distortion counts for a lot. also if you got medpor implants how come the jaw angles aren't sharp and masculine. they just look super round and dull still. also, cheekbones are not masculine or sharp either. i mean it's "okay" but considering the guy had all his teeth pullled and now has a set of dentures i'm not super impressed.

Is there a case to be made that the sharper the augmentation, the worse it will look over time as your face gets more gaunt?  I do think that result is quite transformational for him though.. mostly in how his hawk face got rounded out.  His jaws already seemed lined up very roughly in the right areas pre-op.  If I look at these results too hard, I start to wonder how much did x procedure account for the entire result.  He's got so many there's no hope in figuring that out easily enough.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 12:24:32 AM »
Looks good to me. Most people on this forum tend to look upon DeFrancqs results unfavourably though

Bowie

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 12:52:59 AM »
I agree with Lazlo

UKMaxfac

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 01:04:09 AM »

There is very little lens distortion. I had the same pictures taken at DF's office (blue background) - the frontal pic is exactly how I look in real life.

People actually have to consider the REAL WORLD implications of a result like this. He went from looking very unusual to a normal healthy guy - that actually is a huge step up. No, it's not like one of those results from Gunson, Woolford or any of the other worshipped surgeons that JSF members fap over, but it's a perfectly good aesthetic outcome.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 02:23:45 AM »
There is very little lens distortion. I had the same pictures taken at DF's office (blue background) - the frontal pic is exactly how I look in real life.

People actually have to consider the REAL WORLD implications of a result like this. He went from looking very unusual to a normal healthy guy - that actually is a huge step up. No, it's not like one of those results from Gunson, Woolford or any of the other worshipped surgeons that JSF members fap over, but it's a perfectly good aesthetic outcome.

Yep he stands a chance at a normal life now.

Btw I saw an A n G result recently which was considerably worse than this . So ya.

UKMaxfac

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 03:28:20 AM »
Btw I saw an A n G result recently which was considerably worse than this . So ya.

Not possible. Ask anyone here, Arnett and Gunson are INFALLIBLE  ::)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 03:37:20 AM »
Not possible. Ask anyone here, Arnett and Gunson are INFALLIBLE  ::)
Well Arnett is retired. Given their volume, and radical plans, they are bound to have bad results. Anyway, you don't need ccw rotation.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 03:47:27 AM »
I would not say the Gunson result I saw was "bad".  The improvement was milder than this DF case. And like Ukmaxfac said , while this guy may have not turned into an Adonis he has gone from looking  well below average to average/slightly above average and healthy (so imp btw , to look HEALTHY) looking. 

I am curious too about the implants , would have guessed them to be silicone.  Medpor ambassadors wanna chime in?

The Quest for Aesthetics

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 09:45:14 AM »
Much of this result is lens distortion, look at the difference in interpupillary distance and the bitemporal distance, both of which were untouched by the surgery. His skin complexion's also brightened up a bit and he's gained some bodyfat. Otherwise it's a great result.

Interesting point about the sharper the augmentation the worse it will look later on as the face gets more gaunt. I think the only way we can answer that is by looking at how gaunt faces respond to implant placement. From what I've seen implants don't look particularly unnatural in gaunt faces on older people. Also 'thinner' faces (which refers to both bodyfat and skin thickness, both of which change over time to produce that gaunt look) are preferred for the placement of implants because the soft tissue responds better to the implant rather than worse. I think a very valid point is that if the implant is designed to be overly angular to compensate for face soft tissue thickness at a young age, it could look too unnatural if that person lost bodyfat and went through the usual skin thinning consequences of aging. Moral of the story: try and lose a lot of bodyfat before getting implants and you should be fine.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:36:10 AM by The Quest for Aesthetics »

diculo

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »
Very good result. Could have been better with sharper angles.

ppsk

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »
re: medpor results

the limitation of using off the shelf designs if you are having to make compromises with the patients natural anatomy. For borderline cases this isn't a big deal and the result is usually nice, for guys like this, as you can see he had very narrow, but also very high jaw angles before. To the best of my knowledge none of the off-the-shelf commercial models for medpor (or silicone for that matter) provide much vertical augmentation which is what many people would need to appear more "square" from the front.

However, I also want to say that people have unrealistic expectations of what jaw implants can or should achieve... for example, there is constant talk about "sharp" angles and what not, but exceedingly few men have such angular jaws, including male models and hollywood leading men - most, in fact, have U shaped jaws with rounded contours at the angles. So I think what is happening when people are disappointed by the results they see, is they are so used to looking at certain faces as a whole (for example male models with very low bodyfat, who also have fantastic cheekbone development, tented eyes etc) and then seeing only the jaw component delivered on someone who does not have the rest of those features, are very underwhelmed.... well, the jaw implants work as advertised: they provide lateral width at the jaw angles. They will not transform a face completely. This guy has very rounded contours, but so does Pierce Brosnan, and would anyone suggest he is not "masculine" looking?:

Point I'm trying to make is this guy's jaw augmentation looks fine, but the rest of his face remains the same. The best candidates for jaw augmentation are guys who otherwise look fine but have poorly defined jaw angles/posterior mandible. Also for definition, you really need to get to low bodyfat levels before the jawline will "pop". And above all else, if you really desire to look more blocky or square from the front, most people will probably need to look for vertical augmentation. In fact, in the chin wing results that are good, I suspect that is what is going on: the chin wing is good at achieving vertical height, but not so much for sheer width.

ppsk

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »
i will also add taking a closer look at it, the implants selected are too large for his face. They most lateral prominence extends out past the zygomatic arch laterally, which is generally not ideal (ideal is roughly 75-90% of zygomatic prominence).

However this could be residual swelling. Some doctors like to take follow up photos at 6 or 8 weeks but you really 3 months minimum.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »
HE HAS PLASTIC f**kING GUMS. THIS PSYCHODOCTOR PULLED ALL HIS TEET TOP AND BOTTOM. HIS BOTTOM TEETH WEREN'T THAT BAD. IF HE HAD JUST GOTTEN PROPER ORTHODONTIC TREATMENT AND A FEW IMPLANTS. NOW HE HAS TO TAKE THOSE f**kERS OUT EVERY NIGHT AND TURN INTO A SOCK PUPPET. JESUS CHRIST ARE YOU GUYS RETARDED. THIS RESULT SUCKS.