Author Topic: New here--Zygomatic/malar osteotomy Dr?  (Read 1968 times)

lamb

New here--Zygomatic/malar osteotomy Dr?
« on: August 08, 2017, 02:06:44 PM »
Hi! I am new to the forum from Canada.  I'm a bit older than most people here it seems.  I never knew I had a mostly recessive bone structure until more recently (internet wasn't around growing up).  I always knew that I didn't look as good as others but was hard to pinpoint why.  My face was not one of those glaring jaw deformities and dentist or ortho never really suggested it. i did have braces as a teen for my goal of straight teeth.  i had a class II malocclusion, and premolar extractions.  i mostly focused on my nose which was bulbous.  I ended up with an awful primary rhinoplasty which has taken me an additional 3 to get it looking normal.  I also have had a sliding genio and upper lip lift.  I went to a really good plastic and craniofacial surgeon in the states, so I don't have step offs and it looks natural and made a nice change.  The addition of more bone support made me want to pursue more surgery.  I should have had the full bimax at an earlier age but feel i am too old for it and its a big surgery.  I have flat cheekbones and infraorbital rims and am interested in a zymgomatc/malar osteotomy.  i would be happy with a conservative amount of forward movement.  I need more anterior support.  I'm looking for doctors who perform this.  I am willing to travel to the States.  So far the only ones I have heard about are in Europe?  Do you have any recommendations?  Thank you kindly.

The Quest for Aesthetics

Re: New here--Zygomatic/malar osteotomy Dr?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »
The search function should tell you all you need to know, these topics have been covered over and over again.

lamb

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 02:29:18 PM »
OK thanks, I have done some reading here, just wanted to introduce myself.  It seems the zygomatic osteotomy is still kinda rare in USA and not done in my country at all!

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 02:46:55 PM »
How old are you?
Millimeters are miles on the face.

lamb

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 02:55:05 PM »
Hi GJ, 37.

I don't really have any functional issues.  Would just like to get some more bony support of the cheekbones/rims. just a modest improvement would be fine with me. I don't like the idea of implants and I am glad I didn't get a chin implant. 

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »
Hi GJ, 37.

You're fine with age. People get the surgery late 50s. It's more about health than age.

Of course risks go up with age, but if you're healthy you should be okay.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 03:54:30 PM »
A ZO is probably one of the least impressive surgeries. It will give you a little lateral projection and that's it. Filler does more.

BTW, where are you from?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 05:30:13 PM by PloskoPlus »

lamb

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 05:49:39 PM »
Hi Plosko Im from Toronto Canada

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 09:09:20 PM »
A ZO is probably one of the least impressive surgeries. It will give you a little lateral projection and that's it. Filler does more.

BTW, where are you from?

I'm not disputing this, but i think i've seen some good results. I don't really know though, have you seen afters Plosko?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »
Well  a zso's potency depends on your starting point. Ofc this is true for many procedures.

But imo its a good procedure.  It will give decent lateral prominence . You could also get a "modified zso" with iliac crest grafts as onlay. That will give you anterior projection too. I guess the only caveats would be placement and the graft is subject to resorbtion. But yeah even if like 50 - 70 % stays and you have also gained 5 mms laterally  it could leave an abiding and noticeable augment.

lamb

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 07:02:45 PM »
Crikey!  Hip grafts would take it too far for me. 

I would be happy with modest improvement.  it would be a lot better than what i have now.  i just spoke to my plastic surgeon who is also craniofacial  surgeon.  he doesn't do it, says it would be a big surgery requiring hospital stay, but from what i read its not that bad.