Author Topic: Malar/Infraorbital implant?  (Read 5141 times)

whymyprofilelikedis

Malar/Infraorbital implant?
« on: August 09, 2017, 03:57:13 PM »
http://imgur.com/a/N3xhn

Alright, so my jaws aren't too bad, but i landed some pretty bad cheekbones/base of nose area projection and I'm wondering if improving that will help looks or at the very least give me some undereye projection/fullness. I have pretty bad tear troughs that I'm insecure about and am wondering what the best solution to them at least would be. I would like to avoid any crazy bone moving surgeries.

Malar implants, filler, infraorbital rim implant, whatever surgery to cure paranasal hollowing or add some projection to base of nose - what is best? I'm a 20 y.o male sorry about bad hair

Milli_Meters

Re: Malar/Infraorbital implant?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 12:07:34 PM »
Get infraorbital implants and a radix implant or graft. It can dramatically improve the whole profile - http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com/upload/galleries/men/3/1.jpg

but idk if its really indicated in ur case. Ur nasal root depression doesnt seem too deep in sum pics , in others it does.

A-V-P

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 10:14:16 AM »
Get infraorbital implants and a radix implant or graft. It can dramatically improve the whole profile - http://www.africanamericanrhinoplasty.com/upload/galleries/men/3/1.jpg

but idk if its really indicated in ur case. Ur nasal root depression doesnt seem too deep in sum pics , in others it does.

I think he too looks very good and doesn't need anything done unless he has functional problems. I'd think radix implant would ruin his great lookin side profile. Try smile maybe?
Here is what Dr Timothy J Marten MD of marten clinic of plastic surgery did to me and something more:
https://imgur.com/a/JdEFR

https://timothyjmartenplasticsurgeonbadexperience.wordpress.com/blog/

https://bad-experience-timothy-marten-md.tumblr.com/

whymyprofilelikedis

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 12:01:02 PM »
I think he too looks very good and doesn't need anything done unless he has functional problems. I'd think radix implant would ruin his great lookin side profile. Try smile maybe?

I appreciate the kind words; I just feel like my undereye/cheekbone area is a flaw that doesnt require too unreasonable a procedure to fix. Even my parents always ask me 'damn man why do you look so tired' and I know it's not because I'm not getting enough sleep (definitely 6-8 hours a night consistently). Honestly I just want to look like I don't have any straight up bone deficiencies - just a healthily structured face. I don't really wanna do any rhino type work because I don't want to change too much of what nature has provided (half because of fear of a bad result and half because of the stigma associated with plastic surgery as a whole - people always seem to talk about celebrities getting 'procedures' negatively, as if they didn't 'earn' their looks).

I'd go with a simple filler but tbh the lack of long term stability of fillers is what turns me away from them, I don't want to have to go in every 5 years to touch up my undereyes. If anyone knows about the longevity of these IR implants, please let me know. I know that bone resorption is an issue with aging, and logically, because the implant is placed on bone I fear that they can go bad really fast because the implant was not designed to handle the degradation of the bone it's founded on. Thank you for your responses.

whymyprofilelikedis

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 12:08:33 PM »

You commented on my post in the past (that got a lot of 'wtf are you thinking about surgery for' type of responses). Do you think that my nose is a bigger issue than my cheekbone development (it's really bad, like if you could touch my undereye area you'd know just how little density there is at least in the forward/vertical directions - I don't really think they're that bad in terms of width). Honestly I've really never been too insecure about my nose because I feel like it doesn't detract from my appearance too much. I also think it'd be weird if I had a narrow and curly little 'white nose' as you've shown just because the rest of my features are so indicative of South Indian phenotype lol; maybe I'm just blissfully unaware of what's actually important in terms of appearance.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 12:19:25 PM »
You commented on my post in the past (that got a lot of 'wtf are you thinking about surgery for' type of responses). Do you think that my nose is a bigger issue than my cheekbone development (it's really bad, like if you could touch my undereye area you'd know just how little density there is at least in the forward/vertical directions - I don't really think they're that bad in terms of width). Honestly I've really never been too insecure about my nose because I feel like it doesn't detract from my appearance too much. I also think it'd be weird if I had a narrow and curly little 'white nose' as you've shown just because the rest of my features are so indicative of South Indian phenotype lol; maybe I'm just blissfully unaware of what's actually important in terms of appearance.

Based on your pics  bimax and other invasive procedures do not make sense in your case. I have noted posters here tend to overrate people's looks. 

You are above average looking . Nothing really "wrong" with your appearance.

I can see some lack of support under eye area. It could be addressed through infra orbital implants.

In some of your pics your nasal root seemed a bit depressed but I was not suggesting any full blown rhino ofc. If you do have a depressed radix you can try some filler and see how you look .

ditterbo

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 02:57:57 PM »
IMO screw fixing anything with your nose radix. Raise it to what a PS would consider normal and it will look operated on, and the sharp angle between your brow bone and nose will be almost gone - probably not desirable.  It's not like you have loose skin in that area (seen that b4).

whymyprofilelikedis

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 04:22:56 PM »
IMO screw fixing anything with your nose radix. Raise it to what a PS would consider normal and it will look operated on, and the sharp angle between your brow bone and nose will be almost gone - probably not desirable.  It's not like you have loose skin in that area (seen that b4).

what do you think i should do then, IR implant seems best bet? Or maybe filler idk - i've heard a lot about implants aging badly

whymyprofilelikedis

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 04:24:12 PM »
Based on your pics  bimax and other invasive procedures do not make sense in your case. I have noted posters here tend to overrate people's looks. 

You are above average looking . Nothing really "wrong" with your appearance.

I can see some lack of support under eye area. It could be addressed through infra orbital implants.

In some of your pics your nasal root seemed a bit depressed but I was not suggesting any full blown rhino ofc. If you do have a depressed radix you can try some filler and see how you look .

Thanks man - do you know anything about how the IR implants age? I haven't really found many results - most undereye work is all filler. Also, do you know any good procedures for asymmetry fixing, particularly of ramus length/mandibular angle?

Milli_Meters

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 04:04:50 AM »
There are different implant materials with varying properties. Check Dr Y's B n As.

For ramus/jaw angle you can try restylane.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 08:32:05 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/N3xhn

Alright, so my jaws aren't too bad, but i landed some pretty bad cheekbones/base of nose area projection and I'm wondering if improving that will help looks or at the very least give me some undereye projection/fullness. I have pretty bad tear troughs that I'm insecure about and am wondering what the best solution to them at least would be. I would like to avoid any crazy bone moving surgeries.

Malar implants, filler, infraorbital rim implant, whatever surgery to cure paranasal hollowing or add some projection to base of nose - what is best? I'm a 20 y.o male sorry about bad hair

Looking for solutions to where you don't have problems.
[/b]

Your core aesthetic problem isn't with your profile. Nor do you lack the type of bone structure that supports the eyes (orbital rim/malar).

I take it you must be very attached to the excess width of your nose not to see that is the key detractor of your face.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Milli_Meters

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 09:31:16 AM »
He does lack some under eye support.

U think  that kinda nose slimming is feasible?!

triot

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 09:50:08 AM »
I wouldn't do anything that's too invasive (actually I wouldn't do anything at all, you're quite attractive as you are). I'd try fillers (but be careful who you choose, I have sb im my personal circle that f**ked her eyes up).

As for the nose: if you isolate your nose form the rest, the morphed one looks better, but if I consider the entire face it really does nothing significant for you. You're good as it is rn, that's just my opinion.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 10:28:03 AM »
He does lack some under eye support.

U think  that kinda nose slimming is feasible?!

Bone support to his eyes, isn't his core problem. Excess nose width is.

People who focus and prioritize on things that are not the core aesthetic issue are either electing to ignore what others would be seeing on their face or are really ATTACHED to what ever their aesthetic detraction is. That's why I said he must be attached to the excess width of his nose.

As to 'feasible'; I think it's feasible to have some insight as to what the key detractor of the face is.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

Jilkster

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 10:46:02 AM »
Kavan is spot on and doesn't get the credit deserved for this one.

The guy doesn't have bony recession of the inferior orbital rims: he has proper bony projection at the inferior orbital rims. What is bothering him about the tearthroughs, is likely a soft tissue issue. So filler/fat repositioning with/or very conservative fat transfer (difficult area: be CONSERVATIVE), may give him what he is searching for. He'd have to consult with an oculoplastic surgeon for that, to understand the exact soft tissue issue.
He has great bone structure, great jawline, but somehow wants to focus on a deficient bone structure he does not have. He's missing the main aesthetic issue if he's searching for an improvement: the nose. If he does not want to change that, you can't blame him: many horror stories out there after rhinoplasty. But to then go fix things that look good, may make him look ridiculous in the end.

Did you get my pm by any chance?